What's new

Darien Lake 2014 Lake Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Voyages retracking in the early years was purely Will wanting to fine tune the ride. He wasnt happy with one particular spot and redid it nearly yearly.

The most recent large scale retracking was in the spaghetti bowl. Beyond those, I know theyve replaced wood on it seasonally, as most parks do with their woodies. So where did you get this retracking every 5 years thing?

I guess I will just never understand the hate Voyage recieves.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Getting back to the actual ride were supposed to be discussing, at this point there's really nothing more we can do except to wait and see.

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
Intricks said:
Voyages retracking in the early years was purely Will wanting to fine tune the ride. He wasnt happy with one particular spot and redid it nearly yearly.

The most recent large scale retracking was in the spaghetti bowl. Beyond those, I know theyve replaced wood on it seasonally, as most parks do with their woodies. So where did you get this retracking every 5 years thing?

I guess I will just never understand the hate Voyage recieves.
Exactly! I don't understand it either! Although its stilled like by the majority, there are a few that hate it for the reasons that are strange

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
update from screamscape

According to the local news the local planning board met last Thursday and recommended approval for plans Darien Lake has submitted for a complete renovation to The Predator wooden coaster. The plans call for “re-tracking and adding new unique elements and trains.” However the renovation will not change the size of the ride’s footprint.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/darien_lake.htm

Sounds like Gravity Group to me...

Intricks

Strata Poster
If what was reported to Screamscape is true, this became SIGNIFICANTLY more interesting than a lot of construction out there.

Apparently GCI was seen looking at Predator. Is GCI joining in the extreme wooden bandwagon as well?

BBH

Giga Poster
Intricks said:
If what was reported to Screamscape is true, this became SIGNIFICANTLY more interesting than a lot of construction out there.

Apparently GCI was seen looking at Predator. Is GCI joining in the extreme wooden bandwagon as well?
It's been stated by GCI that the Millennium Flyers can heartline and articulate to do barrel rolls, so there's no reason for them not to.

I305KD

Roller Poster
BBH said:
Intricks said:

It's been stated by GCI that the Millennium Flyers can heartline and articulate to do barrel rolls, so there's no reason for them not to.
The amount I'd love GCI to jump on the bandwagon, I don't think they will. Aside from the woodie at Knight Valley in China, most of their other coasters are somewhat "family oriented". Meaning they're mostly under 100 feet tall, and they are decent coasters for kids who are just getting into riding bigger coasters. Maybe they will though, I'm not sure.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
^ I get that kids can ride them because of the general 1.2m height restriction, but i wouldn't say they are family coasters. Some of them are pretty extreme (mainly Troy)

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
So After today's Six Flags 2014 announcements I'm looking at this and seeing hope for it being built by RMC.

The description says it would feature the first “wing over drop” on a wooden coaster, a “Zero-G Camelback Hop Reversal” and “Suspended corkscrew” all within a 3,190 foot long course.

Wing over drop screams Iron Medussa (or whatever the official name) and we now know RMC has a tendancy to have overly complicated names like goliaths
180 degree zero g roll and a inverted drop

Do we know for a fact it's an RMC, no. It does however restore a little hope and me and makes me want to end this wait and make an announcement.

jolash

Mega Poster
The hell is a zero-g camelback hop reversal? Is that some sort of weirdo yoga position? Or no, that's that new football play, right?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
^^From looks, if it is anything like that inversion on Goliath, This coaster will probably be right up there with Outlaw Run.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
We haven't heard anything of this in a while. I wonder why Darien lake is stalling the announcement. Anyone think its been pushed back to 2015? Or are they just stalling?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
CPSFMMCW said:
We haven't heard anything of this in a while. I wonder why Darien lake is stalling the announcement. Anyone think its been pushed back to 2015? Or are they just stalling?

They didn't make last years announcement until around this time anyways. We'll will just have to be patient, despite the badgering of people asking about next year.

I suspect disappointment but I'm hopeful.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
A little old but according to Screamscape...

(10/21/13) According to the latest gossip from Screamscape sources, Darien Lake and Herschend are ready to go ahead with the new Lake Monster conversion of Predator. The hold up comes from CNL, as they are the actual park owners… HFE is just on board to manage and run it for them. So the ball is in CNL’s court right now to approve the project and provide the funding while the quickly closing window to get it open for 2014 is still there.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/darien_lake.htm

Not going to lie, if this is truly the case I'm not too surprised, but with the weather getting worse rapidly up here the window is closing extremely fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.