What's new

Crappest April Fools

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The Price is Right was horrible. They made it too obvious. But then again they need to since the average viewer age is like 73.

Mr. X

Roller Poster
I hate April Fools Day. Most jokes fall into two categories: Distasteful or painfully obvious. A mod on one of the sites I frequent decided it would be a fun joke to randomly ban people for the day. Lots of angry e-mails and messages later and that site now has one less mod.

However, I did enjoy Google's motion one, especially when you go to the preview for Google Docs Motion.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I liked Hulu's 1996 revamp.

Gmail Motion was pretty funny, especially the video of gestures!

I will say I was involved in a good April Fool's, that has been cooking the past week.

We planned for the janitor to be changing lightbulbs in our office yesterday, and had him plant his ladder next to my boss' cubicle. When the boss left, we uploaded a predesigned wallpaper onto her new 24 inch monitor, making it appear cracked (and were sure to doctor in her current desktop, so it looked legit). We then tipped over the monitor onto one of her office chairs, and waited for her to return.

The reaction was priceless!

Artichoke

Mega Poster
I'm sure most of you know how much I can't stand spiders. Yesterday, a friend of mine told me there was a huge wolf spider in my kitchen and the look on her face was pretty believable. I slow paced into the kitchen and screamed like a bitch. Nothing was there...... She just about got choked :--D

kir

Hyper Poster
Once my friend spread a rumour on April Fools that our 60-odd year French teacher Madame Sweeney was preggerz. She was suspended. Lol.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Nic, I listened to most of the show on the way to Center Parcs.... It was realllly funny, Some of the stuff he said was hilarious! Also that really hard music quiz they do on there, he said some really funny things. Also phoned "Terry Wogan" half way through the show, but it was also an impersonation.

He did the entire show!

Nic

Strata Poster
Listening to it now. How the **** did he get away with saying half that stuff on daytime radio?! I'm kinda finding it more cringe-worthy than funny though :S

(and it's detracting from precious Broken Sword playing time!)