What's new

(Could be)Betterware!

Gadget heaven...

• Betterware (we have some in the house)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (Could be)Betterware) Not got any but may buy some

• Beware! Never in a million years. Though that silicon egg poacher looks handy...

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Odd one this. We had a Betterware catalogue posted through the door last night. I avoid looking through them generally because I learned a long time ago that it's all full of great ideas, but the actual products are utter gash!

As an example of how awful it is, even the website is broken!
http://www.betterware.co.uk

Basically, it's a door to door service of "useful things". Devices and space saving gadgets that would make 007 weep!

Do you have any Betterware items in your house (you can tell they're Betterware (or even Cleaneze) because they're great idea, badly made that never work practically)?

Having seen the site (if it ever works) would you be tempted to buy anything?

Personally, I love all the really cheesy, poor descriptions they have for products.

"Don't get in a twist, use our next cable untanglers"; "caught in a web? use our new spider catcher". Actually, they're too good for the thing! :lol:

So, pointless poll of the day! :)

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Oh my god. I don't care for the Better-Eazy sheet, but my mother seems to be losing the plot with her recent christmas, birthday and general presents.

I have been blessed with a shoe bag, tie cleaner, dog hair remover, as well as a remote control holder - I dont have the heart to tejll her that they are useless lol.

So no, I am not succoured in with household hype, that said, electrical gash is a completely different ball game ;p

peep

CF Legend
We get so many of them booklets, I have no idea where they come from. I think my grandparents may get the odd item or two for the garden (I know my nan has something to do with catching spiders).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Never. We don't even look at the books as we know that they're just going to be filled with pointless ****.

They really are dreadful.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
We have a drawer in the kitchen that has all the gadgets from Betterware or Kleeneze, yep we get both at my house. The only useful thing in it is the whisk. The rest is pointless. A boiled egg slicer? We don't have boiled eggs any more.

(though we have just added an electric can opener to the drawer because I have issues with mechanical ones)

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
[sad] I always flick through the catalogue if one arrives to see what amazing creations are inside.... [/sad]

However i could never justify buying a single one of those items :p

(On another note have you noticed the 'home essentials' section on the website is full of things that you'd probably never consider essential... or at least i certainly wouldn't!)