What's new

Corkscrew's Inversions to be Part of Entrance Feature

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I think they're great, it's perfectly places to make queueing for tickets more interesting and it doesn't obstruct any views!

If anything it woud've been worse on the lawn infront of the towers, I dont get what people are complaining about.

Kebab

Giga Poster
^It's because we're all alleged to our opinions. I don't think it's "that" bad, it wouldn't affect my day out, I'm just putting into perspective other peoples views such as families and elders.

Obviously it's a great piece of memorabia, I just wish they gave it another coat of yellow rather than blue, it just wouldn't be the same to me, I think it would look fine yellow anyway, it's not too over-whelming and surely it can't affect Alton's main colour scheme.. :?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yeah, I'm "alleged" (???) to the opinion that it looks awesome. It would've been cool in the gardens, too. Either way, I think it's a nice gesture to keep it somewhere in the park.

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Sorry I've either been making up words recently or I have typed the wrong one. And to say I'm doing A-Level English.. I'm ashamed :)

It would've been a million better in the Gardens, I can imagine it being a pain to actually find space to put it there, even if it was a little bit of the track, it would be a lot neater in the Gardens than in your face as you go in.

I can see this either being a disastrous mess, spoiling the entrance and scenery or looking stunning (if it somehow blends in). It's a double-edged sword, I still think they should hold back on the blue colour.

Jools

Giga Poster
Kebab said:
I think it would look fine yellow anyway, it's not too over-whelming and surely it can't affect Alton's main colour scheme.. :?

I agree! Seeing it in purple sort of ruins the heritage idea, and people might think that Corkscrew use to be purple haha.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Got you all some pics :)

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

D

Ollie

CF Legend
The new colour looks nice but I'd prefer it to be in it's original colours as it's historic.

Ollie

CF Legend
Well it didn't have to go there. I'd be happy with a small fenced of section on the grass verge as you drive into the park with a little plaque.

wabbit42

Mega Poster
Well to say I was skeptical...
Until I saw the colours! A bit brighter than I anticipated, but not bad nonetheless.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
I'd be happy with a small fenced of section on the grass verge as you drive into the park with a little plaque.

But not everyone will have the same opinion as you.
It's historic, it needed to go somewhere where everyone would see it, the entrance needed something else, it's the perfect place.

It's only a different colour, at least they didn't to what Thorpe did and manufacture some fake looking coaster track.

Martyn B

CF Legend
To be honest the purple will blend a lot better than the yellow would have anyway.

I can understand annoyance about changing the colours. Its like having an original Herbie car put on display, but painting it green.

marc

CF Legend
At the end of the day does it really matter?

They could have just put them on a scrap heap, at least they are doing something with them.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I actually think it looks alright. Sure, painting the track has somewhat robbed it of its original charm and it would've been nice if they kept it as it was, but still, they didn't scrap the legendary track and that's all that matters.

spicy

Giga Poster
I hope they keep that one piece of track unpainted, you can even see where the wheels have taken the paint off I hope they leave it like that.

I also think that this is absolutely brilliant what they have done with the Corkscrews and I am really pleased about it. That is the Alton Purple which is a nice colour.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Wow I think that looks really good. I didn't think the purple would look good at all and would be too bright, but the colours look great in my opinion!