What's new

Corkscrew (Flamingoland) Sold

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
It's going to be so weird just it not being there for me, I'm used to it greeting me as I drive in and it being there for me to look at as my mum sorts out the caravan in the hut next to it.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
It's a shame that I probably won't be riding it again, surprisingly I actually enjoyed it. At least it's not being demolished though. I'd like to see it refurbished, but by looking at the park/fairground/car park that it's going to, it's not going to happen. They'll probably just throw some flashing lights all over the place. I'd be surprised if they did anything more than repaint it, to be honest. Even that sounds like a push.

Anyways, I plopped together some off-ride footage this morning, filmed back in 2010. Take a look if you can be bothered.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxIARSr1DrY&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

Yes, I know, bad continuity, fluctuating light levels, blah, blah, blah. Shush.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Just thought i'd share my completely unfounded and extremely premature excitement, but i'm almost certain that if they took out the little dragon coaster they could fit a mega-lite in that spot without extending into the car park (based on rough measuring from google earth.)

Talk about lining myself up for dissapointment!

Nic

Strata Poster
So far the wishful thinkers have suggested a Big Fun or a Megalite.

Could you fit an Aquatrax in there?

;)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
That's going to be weird come easter. I'm normally there looking at Corkscrew as I drive in, but now I can't. :(

Surprised at how green that area is though.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Thekingin64 said:
Surprised at how green that area is though.

That's just a grass bank in front of it. It does kinda give off the illusion the ride area is grassed over, but it's definitely just bare concrete.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wait, there's grass at Flamingoland?

Waffleman

Mega Poster
They should have sent it to Pleasure Island when they owned it years ago, it would be a huge attraction for PI and it means nothing for Flamlingobland.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Waffleman said:
They should have sent it to Pleasure Island when they owned it years ago, it would be a huge attraction for PI and it means nothing for Flamlingobland.

What? Pleasure Island never owned Corkscrew. Spanish City did though. Unless you're talking about Flamingoland no longer owning Pleasure Island, which wasn't actually that long a go.