What's new

Competition to help design Alton Tower's 2013 ride

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Planning confirms the new ride will be in Forbidden Valley - "Why are you posting that in here Furie?" I hear you all cry.

Simply because it ties in with the competition result with Nemesis. If it was "fixed" as Joey suggests, and as part of an aim of bringing attention towards Forbidden Valley, then (as Joey alludes to) Forbidden Valley, Nemesis and the new ride are to be of major focus next season which all ties right back to the whole competition thing.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
furie said:
Planning confirms the new ride will be in Forbidden Valley - "Why are you posting that in here Furie?" I hear you all cry.

Simply because it ties in with the competition result with Nemesis. If it was "fixed" as Joey suggests, and as part of an aim of bringing attention towards Forbidden Valley, then (as Joey alludes to) Forbidden Valley, Nemesis and the new ride are to be of major focus next season which all ties right back to the whole competition thing.
That's exactly what I recon. And if I'm right, then that's a really, really good marketing strategy. ...Plus, it's awesome. I've thought all along there's more to all this than meets the eye.

It goes back to the fact that Ian pointed out there is a talk on the enthusiast community at EAS. And after that, I was talking to Tim who said how funny it was that until very recently the industry blatantly hated us. With the dawn of facebook and twitter, they've started to see we are actually a valuable marketing tool.

I hope they spruce up Nemesis for winning the competition. Would be fantastic.

I'm intrigued now about this "help design the 2013 ride" thing. What part does that have to play in all of this? How could that benefit them?

jayjay

Giga Poster
furie said:

If that was their aim, then this marketing scheme worked fantastically. Great job (for once) by Merlin and the Towers (which, off topic, sounds like it should be a 60s rock group).