What's new

COMIC-CON 2009 news

big john

Mega Poster
As part of my job (working at game) i have to keep up on all the new news and stuff about games so after E3 was rubbish all eyes are on comic-con 2009 for some cool games. Also this expo is great for fans of films and comics and some cool news has been announced already in the first day the one which caught my eye the most is.

TRON LEGECY

with its new name change from t2on to this the 2 main reasons im keeping my eye on this is

1. I love tron and am a huge fan of the origional and am glad jeff bridges is back for this one too

2. Daft punk are doing the soundtrack so as my fav music makers its a win win for me lol.

Anyways to the point if you love tron check out the new light cycles in this vid from comic-con
http://www.spike.com/video/comic-con-09-trons/3212266

Also a note for daft punk fans this is one of the first time they have put out a some sample music from there soundtrack and new album in the clip above

(ed will love it as much as me lol)

also check out the trailer
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57475

Anyways here is the place to discus all things comic-con 2009.

peep

CF Legend
Some amazing stuff has already been released.

Disney seem to be doing the best so far with announcements etc. First they had Tim Burton do a Q&A session for Alice in Wonderland. Burton then got Jonny Depp on stage to say hi and then they showed the brand new trailer for it. That's not all, they even had a mass room set up full of props and costumes from the film, how cool is that.

Then Disney went on to announce loads about Tron Legacy. They officially released the trailer (which is fricking awesome in HD) and then they had another room with one of the light cycles and concept art in.

Twilight Saga's New Moon Q&A with cast got the biggest audience but who the hell gives a hoot about that tripe?

Some other cool trailers etc have been released and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come over the rest of the convention.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Oh yes! Forgot about the Daft Punk, that made me squee quite a lot too, it does look glorious! If it looks anything like that I'll watch it more than once :D

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Yay! The Big Bang Theory cast confirmed another 2 series of BBT :D

Just been watching their interviews, they're soo funny xD

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ormerod said:
Think I'll stick to the Inbetweeners :p

The Inbetweeners is a comedy show for those who have lower or lack intelligence as all the jokes are so open and require no thought (no offence, I still watch it :p)

While TBBT is just intellectual comedic genius!

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
The Inbetweeners is a comedy programme, let's not phrase it as a show. Although you can't stereotype the people who watch it, the viewers vary. I find it more amusing and thats because I can relate it to people I know or have known during my school years. The situations are realistic too, heck theres even an episode set in Thorpe Park, so no need to complain. :lol:

The Big Bang Theory { in my opinion } lacks humour. The characters are really over exaggerated, I don't think its even relatable & they make me cringe { no offence }.

peep

CF Legend
Lets put an end to this mindless babble. Both shows are hilarious. End of.

Also forgot to mention in my earlier post that footage from Avatar was shown which got a lot of peeps all giddy and excited. What's uber cool about this is that 21st (I think it was the 21st) of August is now being hailed as Avatar day as participating cinemas around the World will show the footage shown at the convention. That's not all, it will be shown in 3D, for FREE!! That has to be the best way to advertise a film, ever. Now we just have to wait to find out where it will be shown and I just pray I'm able to get a ticket.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Why on earth would someone want to see 15 minutes of a whole movie which isnt out for a few months?

That'd be as fustrating as getting a lap dance but not being able to do anything about it until 2 months later.

With Avatar - i'm TRYING not to know ANYTHING about it until i see it.. somehow I think the media isnt going to let me...

peep

CF Legend
I do agree with you there mrclam. It's also going to be impossible not to know nothing about it, they are really going to big this one up, I mean it's Cameron's first film since Titanic. I feel it may be all too much hype just for one film. I'll still go see the free footage probably :p