Votes: 1 6.7%
  • In-between

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Does not matter

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Blackhole6670

Roller Poster
I prefer a harness that is very tight and not that comfy. I can also do harness that are tight and comfy. I prefer my harnesses to be this way because that way I don't move much on the ride. It does bother me when a harness can not be tighten to a riders need. What is your personal preference? Do you prefer a tight harness or a comfy harness? Or are you in-between with the harnesses?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Most enthusiasts like a bit of slack in the restraint for more airtime, but it can sometimes be a fatal decision(see Raven). I still prefer loose restraints.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Comfortable and loose on coasters with Airtime but tight on rides with inversions like Khan because it stops me from rattling around the harness to much and actually makes the ride alot more enjoyable for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
slack in the restraint for more airtime, but it can sometimes be a fatal decision(see Raven)
"slack" NO restraint!
If you're gonna to use Raven as an example be sure to mention that the seatbelt was found to be tucked into the seat cushions and I believe the lap bar was kept up by using the ID Badge lanyard. (as was almost acceptable behavior during SRM) and also mention the rider was seen standing on previous rides...

As for me... loosey goosey when possible.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I hate being stapled/pinned/whatever you want to call it. I dream about having two inches above my thighs.

Olaf

Mega Poster
Loose restraints for the win, especially on coasters with hangtime, like Karacho

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

I like minimal restraints but I obviously like to stay safe as well. I dislike B&M OTSRs for sure because I have earrings and if there is any headbanging then it really hurts. My favourite restraints are probably the Intamin T-bars or the ones they use on RMCs. You can leave a bit of slack and they don't come smashing down like on GCIs (which are actually my least favourite restraints out there).

Fraser789

Roller Poster
I hate a tight harness. I would much prefer it to be comfortable but obviously still safe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I like restraints that are tight but are only on the thighs. What I noticed is that often I feel like a restraint is to tight while the coaster is standing or on the lifthill, but on the ride I usually don't notice it anymore. My favourite seats and restraints are the Mack ones.

JSMarsden

Roller Poster
I don't know why but I prefer the vest harness' like seen on the flying coasters as I feel both free, but comfortable, but also snugly in the seat - nothing digging in and nothing to smash my head against - however some people dislike these?

I do love a good B&M OTSR with the clicks, as I have always been a funny weight where the harness is a touch loose (if I go 1 more click, i'll struggle to breathe, but it feels it could be a few mm tighter) - adds a bit to the scare factor especially on things like oblivion!

However, as I said i do prefer the harness' on the flying/winged coasters as they're more of a snug fit, and can be stopped at literally every point (Technical terms aren't great here as my knowledge is limited - however the harness' on nemesis for example goes down in clicks, and you can either have it at 1 point or another, no in-between - whereas the flying/winged coasters, the harness' can be stopped at any point allowing you to have the perfect fit) Which is what I prefer =D> a mix between tightness and comfortable

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
JSMarsden said:
I don't know why but I prefer the vest harness' like seen on the flying coasters as I feel both free, but comfortable, but also snugly in the seat - nothing digging in and nothing to smash my head against - however some people dislike these?
Women. Women with boobs dislike these.

Yeah I like a 'sensible' amount of room. With OTSRs I don't mind a big gap as you aren't exactly going anywhere in those.
Woodies - normally as large a gap as I can get away with on say a GCI or something old (I'm a fan of the old shuffeling forward trick) but on an RMC I prefer it that bit more secure.

Wing coaster 'vests' can **** off though. They are restrictive and really lessen my enjoyment of the ride.