What's new

Collosus Clone?

mouse

Giga Poster
I was just searching for pictures of Collosus @ Thorpe Park and I came across this:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/RE ... OZ42V5vYhw
(sorry, you'll have to click on the link as I don't know how to put the picture up, I know, but give me a chance.)

The caption says 'China's Longest Roller Coaster'
By the looks of it it is a clone of Collosus at Thorpe Park, although it did say it was new, I would've known about it as i'm a big Thorpe Park fan.

I also think it may just be an edited picture of Collosus, mainy because the website it's on is the Picasa gallery.

What do you think? And if you know anything about it, please say!

:--D

Ollie

CF Legend
It is. It's built by the same company. There's loads of clones of rides all round the world so why do you seem surprised there's one of this? :p

And it's spelt Colossus BTW.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^To be fair, just because you're a fan of Thorpe doesn't mean you'd know anything about this though. It's not as if Thorpe are going to advertise the fact that their "record breaking" coaster is one of a pair.

10 Inversion Coaster is a few years newer, and is quite a bit smoother (or at least it was a couple of years ago). Colossus looks nicer with all the plants and stuff, but it's much, much easier to get pictures of 10 Inversion as there's basically a flat path all the way around it.

Jools

Giga Poster
The fact that it's smoother means it goes faster right, because from watching that video, that definatly goes faster!

^ and no, only two have been relocated so that means there are 12.

yinyang

Mega Poster
Wasn't colossus sort of a clone of a rollercoaster in Brazil, just with two more inline twists added to the end?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Also, it's just got one helix. Only one.

[/ocd] :p

A

Anonymous

^^ yinyang is correct, Collosus is the one that is a modified version of Monte Makaya, not the other way around as Xpress wrote...

Xpress

Strata Poster
^I didn't say MM was cloned, I said it's an identical model, just with one helice, helix, spinning circle of g-force death element, ect. ect. ect. and 2 less heartline rolls.. :p