What's new

Coasters you rode in their closing (last) season

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
2008- Corkscrew- Alton Towers

As BGT is open 365 days a year when does a new season technically start? I would be tempted to include my Gwazi Lion ride from Autumn 2014 as a last season ride but technically it closed this year. Thoughts? I feel like it probably shouldn't be counted.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
GuyWithAStick said:
^^ I guess if you rode it after the closure was announced, then yes.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

I didn't. They announced it about a month after I had been but then surely some closures weren't even announced at all or were only announced a few weeks beforehand (and by that logic a lot of ones wouldn't count)?

It's an awkward one for parks that are open all year but not many close like Gwazi Lion did so I think it's just an unusual one. Unless there is an official "season" for all year parks, like the calendar year, we'll never really know. I'd be tempted to count it as long as it's within the last year of operation if not. :dontknow:

Daymo74

Roller Poster
I rode the last ever ride on the old Jet-Stream coaster at Rhyl back in the early 2000s. & I know it was the last ride as it Crashed with me & my daughter on it!!!

Can't say it was very enjoyable if I'm honest! :(

I've always assumed (& hoped) It was torn down rather than being sold on. It was a death-trap. I can't believe I got on the thing in the 1st place!

elephant58

Hyper Poster
The only one I definitely know about is Corkscrew, Alton Towers. And the Big Apple coaster at PBB, considering it was only there for one season!

There's also a possibility I rode the Dragon coaster at Drayton in it's closing year (2007), but I can't confirm that one (on second thoughts, I don't think I did).

Oh and also this: http://rcdb.com/4442.htm

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
ThomVD said:
Oh, I forgot about Slagharen's Looping star if it indeed doesn't re-open.
Slagharen has stated that Thunder Loop will reopen...
ThomVD said:
The wild mouse in Holiday Park is the only one I can think of.
...and Holiday Park has yet to confirm that Holly's Wilde Autofahrt will close, so you might be counting your chickens before they're hatched.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
ECG said:
ThomVD said:
Oh, I forgot about Slagharen's Looping star if it indeed doesn't re-open.
Slagharen has stated that Thunder Loop will reopen...
ThomVD said:
The wild mouse in Holiday Park is the only one I can think of.
...and Holiday Park has yet to confirm that Holly's Wilde Autofahrt will close, so you might be counting your chickens before they're hatched.

Right. Then there's no ride so far that I rode in its last season, which is a good thing I guess :p .

Do you have a link or something where Slagharen says it will reopen? Because I haven't seen it anywhere. I'm very glad that it will, as the park is an absolute dump and losing its signature ride won't do it any good.

XLR8R

Roller Poster
Invertigo (California's Great America)
Pandemonium (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)
Hurricane (Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk)
Rolling Thunder (Six Flags Great Adventure)