What's new

Coaster Cuties

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Another terrible publicity stunt from the UK's best theme park - how do they do it? (I couldn't find the old topic).

It's for girls to become pin up poster models for the Thirteen. Utterly dreadful in my opinion.

I take it everyone is off to register to get their breasts on display on "The Ultimate Rollercoaster" ? :roll:

I don't know about breasts, but it's certainly a load of bollocks. Which reminds me, it's like one of the owrst Apprentice ideas ever.

Source here:
http://www.altontowers.com/events/coaster-cuties/

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's gone past not being funny now, it's actually hilarious how awful they are.

Do you think the management have any idea how **** dumb they look every time they try this ****?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
furie said:
I don't know about breasts, but it's certainly a load of bollocks.
Brilliant! Expect that on Twitter and Facebook later.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
I thought Morwenna left?

:fp1
Kinda makes you dewy eyed for her, doesn't it???

This is absolute arse. Do the park think this is what the fans have been crying out for, when asking for a new ride? Thorpe, I could understand and perhaps forgive such an utterly juvenile stunt, for Alton, a park that prides itself on being the UK's premier family theme park attraction, this is just crass. I am no prude, but I can't help but think the park has rapidly lost touch with its target audience, and bunkum like this just goes to illustrate that.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
At the end of the day, it's got us talking about the ride so it's a job well done by the marketing team.

What cheeses me off is the way this ride was mis-marketed before it opened and it continues to be a year after opening!

It's meant to a family coaster with a spooky theme and a world's first element.

How they find it appropriate to have 13 girls draped over it, I'll never understand. Although, I will look forward to seeing the images. :wink:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
My biggest issue is this:
13girl.jpg

Alton Towers - supporting paedophiles since 2011

Seriously, you're going to have pictures of all of these half naked girls, draped over the coaster with 13 written all over it?

Worst. Idea. Ever!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ian said:
At the end of the day, it's got us talking about the ride

It hasn't though, has it? It's got us talking about how **** ing stupid the park is, which has completely overshadowed any discussion that might have been generated about the ride. Nobody's talking about the ride, or even the park, because of this.

Anyway, I'm sure some people are looking forward to the pictures of a bunch of barely-legal slappers with low self-esteem clambering for the chance to say they're a "model".

Idiots.

WildMouse

Roller Poster
I could understand if Alton did something like this for Rita back in the day (when she was all nice and shiny). But for Th13teen?!
Surely gothic, Ring-esque style beauties would be more appropriate for a 'mysterious' attraction such as this? Wraiths/ghosts even more so!

But then of course, 'sex sells' doesn't it. :roll:

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
furie said:
My biggest issue is this:
13girl.jpg

Alton Towers - supporting paedophiles since 2011

Seriously, you're going to have pictures of all of these half naked girls, draped over the coaster with 13 written all over it?

Worst. Idea. Ever!
Erm, why does the th13teen logo look like a shaft and balls?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ We were just joking, Xpress :p

In all seriousness, I think it's not suited to Alton as Alton is a family park, and the girls that have posted on the AT Facebook page saying they want to do it are minging. I may try before I buy, so to speak.

I don't understand why Alton feels the need to do this. They already have good attendance and are probably the most popular park in the UK, so stuff like this is just nonsense. It's not like the park is going to go out of business anytime soon.