Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd venture a guess and say that every proper coaster enthusiast keeps their count.

nealbie

CF Legend
And I have 3 spreadsheets in case I accidentally delete the other 2 as I care sooooooooooooooooo much about my creds...

jayjay

Giga Poster
I keep a count but I'm not really competitive, neither do I think of a coaster count as an extension to my ego. But I'm one of these people who likes stats and quantifying things, so naturally I have to :p .

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
jayjay said:
I keep a count but I'm not really competitive, neither do I think of a coaster count as an extension to my ego. But I'm one of these people who likes stats and quantifying things, so naturally I have to.

That's pretty much me. I've always liked numbers and things to deal with them, so naturally I liked counting coasters. It's also part of my OCD to get every credit in a park...for some reason if I don't, I don't feel like I "completed" the place.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
UC said:
No, honestly, you just come across as a huge tool.

Most GP don't care how many coasters you've ridden, and don't care enough to argue such a point with you (and if they do, how many coasters you've ridden is irrelevant).

Ok, maybe when I was at the park with my friends then. Or something. I distinctly remember bringing it up, and them being impressed, and possibly me having more debating power or something.

You know, before I read this topic, I could've given a pretty good argument for keeping a count, but the more I think about it, the more pointless it seems :p

Still gonna do it though :p just for the hell of it.

Jake

Strata Poster
I knew that after years of studying this silly thing it would come into use one day <3.

credz.jpg

Will

Strata Poster
This is a silly poll. There is no happy medium.
Or... somewhat sulky medium, in my case :p
Novoteforyou.
Simply put... yes, obviously I have the count at the bottom of my posts... but there's more... not so much to life, but to this place and to enthuasiast times in general THAN that number at the bottom of my posts. Consequently, unlike some I could mention, I didn't go into meltdown as a result of... ending my season on an odd number...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Jake <3 :)

I misread "Acceptance of facts" at the top as "Acceptance of cats" though :lol:

19 years since I last saw the hierarchy of needs. I am, of course, self actualised :)

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
One thing that really bugs me though, is when people couldn't care less about the future of a coaster, because they have the 'credit'. The Rollercoaster BPB topic is a good example of this, the coaster is 77 years old, and its future is in doubt, but all a few people could say was "oh well, I got the credit...". That isn't what being a coaster fan is about.

I just re-read this post, and I think I might fall into this category, so I'll just defend my position here.

It's not that I have the 'cred' but I might say it like that - I've ridden the ride, I would have been upset if Roller coaster had been demolished before I rode it, because I'd never have had the experience of riding that particular coaster.

Now that I have 'got the cred' I've had the experience, and IMO it wasn't that great, so I don't mind so much if it goes.

(Of course I mind a bit if it goes, as it's antique and erasing it would take a bit out of coaster history. In fact, I'm rather sad when any coaster goes, just because there's one fewer ride in the world.)

Snoo

The Legend
^Exactly. Saying 'I've got the cred' doesn't mean that someone cares JUST about getting that ride.. unless the ride was just complete crap.. lol.

For instance, I'm happy I got my Big Bad Wolf cred.. but in no way, shape, or form did I want it to go or that I rode it simply to up my number. In fact, it is one of my favorite Arrows of all time and I'm sad that I can't ride it again this summer when I go back to BGW.

Looking at the context of opinions can go a long way.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
I count the coasters I've been on, but I'm not that obsessive to count how many times I've been on them.
Oh the other hand, I am a credit whore. I don't get out to parks that often so I'll usually whore around a bit when I'm there.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Every rollercoaster is different, even if Coastercount didn't exist, I'd still try to ride them all, including the kiddie ones, just to have that experience. For example, I've been on 7 boomerangs, i think.. They all ride different, and they're all enjoyable.

herbinator

Mega Poster
If I go to a park i try and ride all the coasters including kiddie coasters for fun. I keep a tally on the new rides i've been on as thats quite fun and easy, and it feels good particuly if you conquer a fear when you ride it. I was scared of colossus at thorpe(I know its not scary...now!) but when I added the credit it felt good as it was an acheivement!

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Yes, I'm a credit hog.
179 Total - (LR and Gwazi are the only double tracks that are different enough to count as two)
162 Ok - (the small kiddies and most wild mice could be dropped)
150 Must Rides