What's new

Clacton Pier

Jake

Strata Poster
We'd already been here last year (and I went again this march) and the fakkin coaster was shut both times, so this time I rang the park before to check and they said it was open, and we had nothing better to do, so we thought we'd go back.

I must say, Clacton isn't AS much of a dump when it's sunny! (The town I mean... the pier is just as horiffic).

GHETTO:

IMG_6688.jpg

GANG* RIDEZ:

IMG_6686.jpg

The Go-Gator, which as usual, adults can't ride ;(

IMG_6685.jpg

Finally the cred, Speedy Gonzales, which we can finally add to our counts!

IMG_6684.jpg

We then got sausage and chips, a calippo, had a fag and came home. Oh, and the fit guys that worked in the chippy in March were still there <3.

Nic

Strata Poster
****ing awesome PTR Jake. Absolutely amazing. Best one I've ever seen!!

Silly gay ;)

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Mouse themed big apples FTW!

Was so glad to finally get that thing done myself, it's a real hit and miss affair!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Shame he missed out on this monstrosity!
http://www.rcdb.com/ig1374.htm?picture=1

(Just had to put that in there as it's another lost ride I found a photo of for RCDB - it was posted by a guy who works there and I point Duane at it :) ).

It's actually a really interesting coaster. It's a hybrid side friction - Gravity Group were so late to the party! :)

Ben

CF Legend
^An Arrow and a Side Friction? That means we're missing approximately a little under... nothing :p

marc

CF Legend
Yes that is one strange looking coaster Furie.

The Arrow was fun, I was only 11 when I went on it lol. I sort of remember my mum and dad not wanting me to go on it. If only my mum could find the old pictures my dad took all them years ago. They contain rides that are not there anymore, not just at Claction but Alton, Thorpe and many other places :(

Emmett

Giga Poster
:lol: , just noticed that Arrow is the same coaster thats now at Särkänniemi in Finland. I didn't think much of it but would have prefered to have done it at Clacton on the pier.

That side friction coasters looks crazy, there is a short black and white pov on YouTube of it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
^An Arrow and a Side Friction? That means we're missing approximately a little under... nothing :p

Yet if they were still there now, you'd have been on them :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Yay you finally got the cred <3 I'm hopefully getting it next week. I'm also going to go to the chip shop to stare at said fit guys. They were well lush =D