What's new

Cinecittà World Closes Early After Poor Season

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It seems Cinecittà World in Rome is in some trouble after a poorer than expected first full season. The park which only opened in 2014 and features a new model of the Intamin 10 looper will end the annual season officially on September 27 despite the original calendar having the park open most weekends until Christmas

According to some rumors the park will attempt to regroup this winter in order to boost its image in 2016.

http://www.theparks.it/cinecitta-world- ... ana-n1811/

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
The 2 coasters at the park are excellent but from what I've seen, the park has potential but is simply in need of more content. A second thrill coaster (a high quality one so no boomerangs of any kind or SLCs) and another family coaster plus some flats would make it a very solid park.

peep

CF Legend
They certainly need to do something. While on a bus in Rome I saw millions of posters for Rainbow magicland and I think 2 or 3 for Cinecitta. They probably need a better marketing campaign to draw in the crowds. A few more attractions wouldn't go amiss, probably the best way to get more peeps in to the park.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I'm sad to say I'm not surprised. It was so ridiculously quiet last October. I hope their plans to attract more guests next year works out for them, it's such a fab little park!

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I really hope things improve in the following years, I really liked the park when we did the CF Live (I think we all shared the same thoughts) and it's a shame to see it struggling. But the fact is with only 2 coasters, albeit GOOD ones, and a couple other rides there's not too much drawing crowds in. The fact it was a ghost town in June speaks volumes.

Hopefully things will turn around. I've got a feeling a LOT of the budget goes into the Enigma show - it's clear they're really proud of it but perhaps more of the money could go towards a decent thrilling flat ride...

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
This is sad as it's a really nice park, with fab rides.
I hope they sort their issues out. More is definitely needed at the park in terms of attractions and a marketing campaign. I didn't see any advertisement for the park in Rome.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I kind of agree with peep and ATTACKHAMMER, the park wasn't that good advertised in Rome's city center. But the further you go outside the city center, the more adverts you see. It's so weird, considering the areas in which they advertise the park aren't nearly as densly populated as those where they should advertise their park. Granted, the parts where I have seen more advertisements are closer to the park itself, but such a major park shouldn't really only focus on their immediate vicinity.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Aww, that's a shame because, as others have mentioned, the park is quite good and the two coasters are fab.

What is CCW's USP? What can it offer that more accessible and established parks in the area don't? I'm struggling to think of something. It need something bold and eye catching that can be promoted to the hilt. "Italy's fastest this, Europe's tallest that." Not a gimmick, something solidly spectacular. CCW needs events, a hit attraction and a reason to stay all day.

Re-grouping for next year seems like a good idea. I hope they find their feet.

Zac

Roller Poster
They can currently claim they have the most inversions in a coaster lol. But yeah, there isn't much reason for the GP to go to this park over the numerous other ones in the area.

peep

CF Legend
What other numerous parks? The only other major competitors in the area is the over priced sea based park and Rainbow Magicland. The latter is doing OK but still not as great as they'd like too.

I think part of the problem is that the locals don't go during the summer when temperatures are stupid, they either go in the evening or later in the year. Tourists from further away are probably too occupied with the silly amount of amazing old things to look at in the city to have time to bother with these parks. So they need to somehow find a way of utilising those local crowds maybe with special events in the evenings etc. Rainbow magicland is clearly doing this and I think it's working in their favour, maybe Cinecitta need to follow suit.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk