What's new

China Now Building Knockoff Boomerangs

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Here is the image Golden Horse have on their site to flog their flyer.

ghfly1.jpg

In my experience the Golden Horse SLC's they cloned of the Kumali design are considerably worse than the originals. The one at Victory Kingdom was in my opinion worse than the Chinese ones' with their own layout.

The weirdest thing is that Beijing Shibaolai Amusement Equipment first built their own layout SLC in Beijing and then other companies like Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing actually ripped off the Chinese one. So they aren't even adverse to knocking off their own rides.

Beijing Shibaolai Amusement offer a multitude of knock offs but worst of all the offer a dive machine

bsa_dive_machine.jpg

Which isn't quite a direct clone of any of them but close enough.

Let hope no one is stupid enough to try one.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^The originals can be vile as well though. Kumali and the clones in Shenzhen and Beijing aren't too bad, but the one in Chengdu, again an original Vekoma, was worse than the older Chinese knockoffs I've done.

Basically, they're a **** ride type regardless of whether they're original or knocked off.

bmac

Giga Poster
That dive machine knock off looks a little like Sheikra. 1 Immelmann, 2 dives, and a turnaround into the block like what Sheikra does.