What's new

Chessington:WoA | Zufari | Track Ride

peep

CF Legend
I know this was discussed a lot in the 2012 topic but I thought it deserved it's own topic now that the official website has given it it's own page confirming that the attraction is called Zufari.

Not a massive fan of the name myself but I do like it's logo.

You can view the ride page by following this Link

With construction well under way and animals due to arrive in October, are you excited?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Zufari - new at Chessington:WoA in 2013

I think this looks really neat, and suits Chessington perfectly!

But yeah, the name sucks.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Name is crap, agreed. Will this be like Rhino Rally with the river element?

peep

CF Legend

^It doesn't have a river element (which makes me sad) but it has a finale which you can see the entrance for in the promo image.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Going by the plans, there will be about 2 or 3 'splash downs', plus some water feature in this cave of doom.

marc

CF Legend

The water section on Rhino Rally added nothing so there really is no need for it.

As said before its perfect for the park and I'm looking forward to it. Just hope they have lots of animals.

Nic

Strata Poster

That name is turdio. Especially with Zafari next door. Still looking forward to it though, it looks like a great addition for the park

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

It's a safari around the zoo - Zufari is a fab name.

I hope it's not too tame and there are some proper "danger" moments, as I'd expect on safari. I know we've only got that splash image to work on, but if there is a tunnel as the image suggests, that's a good place for a bit of excitement!

Ollie

CF Legend

-Rhino Rally is ****.
-The one at Animal Kingdom was brilliant.
-Not too bothered about the name. Fits the ride.
-Nice to see Chessie getting something like this.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster

Wake me up if they add hyenas and crocodiles, it'd be my favourite ride ever then! (Then they could bleet "UK's 1st hyenas!!!11" or some similar junk :wink:)

Jokes aside, I'm sure it'll be fun for little nippers and animal goons.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Feels like they thought the name for the Monorail in Chester Zoo was amazing so they wanted the name, but changed it because they were afraid of using the same spelling. So used some face-palm ironic text speak spelling instead.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I'm surprised that we never had multiple updates of MUD on this! Anyway construction is well underway:

zufari.jpg

zufari14.jpg

zufari4.jpg

zufari3.jpg

zufari1.jpg

zufari17.jpg

zufari12.jpg

http://themeuk.net/

peep

CF Legend

It's because no one really cares any more. Nice bunch of pics though. I heard the track for the vehicles is ready and they've been testing it out with their monster vehicles.

I'm more excited about the arrival of giraffes which if the original schedule is still happening, should be about November time.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Looks pretty good, this should be fun. I'm also looking forward to giraffes.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Just glad to see Chessington investing in something in a big way. The zoo route is the right way to go in my opinion, what they have has always been quite good but now they're not only taking that step forward to make it even better but they're doing it in a way that incorporates the theme park aspects of the park as well. I went to Chessington the other week and can honestly say I've never seen it looking better, I'm really pleased with the direction they've taken over the past few years in really shaping and defining their theme as a park as a whole and really working hard to give each of their lands a strong and solid identity. It's working, it's looking great and the addition of Zufari is generally making me excited to return to Chessington for the 2013 season.