What's new

Chessington named No.1

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I think the management of the park IS important though. I think it should be included when considering the best theme parks, but it shouldn't exclude the rides, food, cleanliness etc.

You think CoasterForce should do our own awards? Why, we thought exactly the same thing:

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=33

:p

dominoes

Mega Poster
Well I like chessington. I mean sure, I was VERY suprised for it to win, but it deserves it. It is well themed, it has a good zoo, and it has great rides. They may not be that thrilling, but they are fun. :bounncy:

pebs34

Roller Poster
I can see why Chessie won. I prefer Alton, but my wife, who is disabled, gets bored after spending 4 hours watching me go on Nemesis etc. At least at Chessie she can enjoy all the themeing, the Zoo,feed the birds. After a day we both come out feeling like WE have had a good day. We went 9 times last year and not once did we not have a good day. Twice we went to Thorpe park and left after less than 2 hours. At Alton my wife had enough by 3pm. 2 times at legoland and we left before 3pm both times.

wakey1512

Roller Poster
If 100 families with young children voted then this is the likely outcome.

However if 100 coaster enthusiasts voted (myself included) there are at least 3 other more worthwhile candidates in the UK for 'Number 1'.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
No, it WAS the outcome. :p

Completely agree with Ian as well. I don't like theme parks because of big fast rides alone. I go because it's a laugh. I've been to hundreds of parks all around the world, and as far as the UK goes I'd still put Chessington near the top of my list for the best UK theme park.

It does more to cater for everyone's tastes than the other UK parks, the atmosphere is really nice, and whilst it's lacking a really big thrill ride because of various reasons there's still plenty of things to do to have a laugh there.

wakey1512

Roller Poster
Now you see i'd much prefer a park with a good blend of the two.. alton towers? Chessington doesn't have much in the way of thrill at all