What's new

Chessington in the snow

marc

CF Legend
I dont know why but theme parks look so good in the snow. Maybe its because it looks clean.

Just dont know why tbh.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Reminds me of that snow day in 08...

Ended up only opening the zoo and I got paid to stand at the Pirates Cove containment gates for two hours...

Parks in the snow do look great... Where's the other parks coming online and posting pics...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ok, I lol'd at that Ian...

Stuff is happening, Whizzer is back up last I heard as are Dodgems and Bus... Dunno about the actual Disko though...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nemesis Inferno said:
Dunno about the actual Disko though...
Disksnow.

Seriously though, a theme park covered in snow. If we want to BIG WOW over this, why don't we just dig out that TTD photo?

dragster5.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
Stuff is happening, Whizzer is back up last I heard as are Dodgems and Bus... Dunno about the actual Disko though...

So all their themeing and everything is done all ready?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
I remember going to Chessington for my first CF meet in 08 while it was snowing. :)

Ghosterforce? I do remember Mark saying during the Live that the only thing that would have made it any better was if it snowed...unbelievable, about 15 mins after we all left, it did.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Nah I'm talking about the meet when we went on Easter Sunday. It had snowed the night before and it was snowing that day as well. Made all the coasters such as Vampire more fun and slightly magical.
Also it's something not many people have done riding a coaster while it's snowing.
That was a great day though. :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
Nemesis Inferno said:

So all their themeing and everything is done all ready?

Nope, stuff is in position (including the Disko track, but not the disc itself), and awaiting the various bits and bobs for theming... How far ahead I don't know, but I'm still excited about it...

Should really bump the actual topic for it...

Martyn B

CF Legend
So how good is the themeing? Or is it just average/bland?

Are there any Chessington forums where there are likely to be updates?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Martyn B said:
So how good is the themeing? Or is it just average/bland?

Are there any Chessington forums where there are likely to be updates?

It's really strange that you should bring this up. I (and I'm assuming other enthusiast groups) have been been invited to have a tour around the new area in the near future.

I will be attending and bringing some information back. It's on a Thursday during the day but if anybody who isn't likely to embarrass me is interested in attending with me, drop me a PM.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I would but I'm in College on Thursdays. Don't mind waiting till it opens to the public.
It's hardly Saw is it? :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
This is soooo Easter '08, ahh memories =]

I like theme parks in the snow, I've had Chessie and Alton, Alton looked particularly beautiful as you can imagine. And, yes 'big wow' at the TTD pic, awesome.

I forgot about the Beanoland revamp too come to think of it! I'm quite looking forward to it, I love those Diskos, assuming it's the same as the one at Paultons?