What's new

Chessington hires hypnotherapist to help scared parents

Emmett

Giga Poster
http://tiny.cc/3cKSX

Chessington World of Adventures has hired a hynotherapist to help terrified parents overcome their fear of roller coasters, big dippers and other adrenalin filled rides.

The theme park's bosses are so concerned by the numbers of "I'll hold the bags" mums and dads that it is calling in professional help.

Now the park is offering scared parents the chance to face their fears and get on rides with their kids by attending a session with professional hynotherapist Stephen Rigby.

David Smith, General Manager at Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo in Chessington, Surrey, said: "We understand that guests can find roller coasters frightening, however we pride ourselves on being a family attraction, so it's just as important for adults to enjoy themselves as much as children.

"We hope that Stephen can help parents overcome their coaster phobia and let their hair down on some our of family friendly coasters."

The one-off session will take place on Friday October 9 but if it proves a success the park will consider doing more sessions.

Mr Rigby,said: "Often parents force themselves to go on a ride so that they don't disappoint their children, and they will try many things to overcome their fear, such as screaming or even closing their eyes for the whole ride.

"Whilst these methods may help them get through the ride, we want to help them sit back and enjoy it!"

Children can nominate their parents for a session at www.chessington.com/shoutabout

The online form says: "Calling all kids with scaredy cat parents

"If your mum or dad are always too scared to go on the rides at Chessington, let us know which ride you would most like them to go on with you.

"We'll then select winners to come to Chessington for some professional advice on how to get over their fears!"

The park has also released the top 10 embarrassing things parents do at the park while on a visit with their kids.

They are:

* Kissing or hugging you

* Holding your hand

* Treating you like a baby

* Tell your friends embarrassing stories

* Shouting or telling you off

* Trying too hard to be cool

* Wimping out of the rides

* Wearing embarrassing/uncool clothes

* Shouting your name from a distance

* Telling bad jokes

nealbie

CF Legend
Merlin really are going out of their way to get attention with all this PR nonsense :p

I approve, from a business point of view, this, combined with Alton's speedo ban and Thorpe's anti BO signage, is going well publicity wise :)

marc

CF Legend
Oh for the love of god.

PLEASE MERLIN SPEND THE MONEY ON RIDES AND ATTRACTIONS!

If anyone is scared of a ride at Chessington they are whimps and there is no helping them lol.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
When I first looked at the topic title, the only word that poped out at me was rapist. I instantly thought hypno was a character of something (being a kids park).

So I thought Chessington were hiring hypno the rapist. LOL.

Useless post I know, but I don't care.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I'm never going to be able to look at the topic title again now without seeing that. :lol:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
A-Kid said:
When I first looked at the topic title, the only word that poped out at me was rapist. I instantly thought hypno was a character of something (being a kids park).

So I thought Chessington were hiring hypno the rapist. LOL.

097-Hypno.jpg

Looks fitting to the name as well.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
At least it's only a competition and not a proper thing like the other parks. I understand the Alton one, but the Thorpe one is daft-once a ride is in motion they can't stop it so people can put their hands up, and it's too late to stop it and kick them off when it finishes. But it wont be enforced anyway, they are just going for headlines.

But I hav eto say I agree with the speedos ban. That makes sence, no one wants to see a fat, balding, middle-aged man running around in spray on clothes.

Unless you really like that kind of thing.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Looking for an agent? Go to whorepresents.com? Looking for a pen? penisland.com for you.

Yes, all those webistes have dirty hidden words, expect to see them on the door of a Top Gear Cheap Car Challenge Car soon!