What's new

Chessington 30th May

peep

CF Legend
This trip was quite last minute so it ended up only being myself and Mark (Mushroom). I arranged to meet Mark outside Hocus Pocus at 10:30 so I decided to take a stroll around the Trail of the Kings and do a bit of filming etc. The new Gorilla baby was out with it's mum which was really cute. The I saw the Tigers which, as always, were really cool and the 3 younger ones were really excited because they were about to be fed (unfortunately in a section guests can't see). The Lions were out too but they were hiding in the corner you can't see because that's where the shade was :p I then watched the meerkats for ages, they were so cool and seemed to like the camera (when I wasn't filming, always the way :p)

It was then time to meet up with Mark who was already sitting on a bench chilling and waiting for moi. Our first ride of the day was Rattlesnake which was fun and had some great airtime, I always love bracing for all the brakes and corners too, it's like a game. We then went round to Forbidden Kingdom for Tomb Blaster. I love this attraction, but not today. We sat down on the ride and the house lights came on, it broke down. Chessie being Chessie though got it working again in about 3 mins. Unfortunately they didn't get the guns or target lights working by the time we started going round so got a massive score of 0 :(

We then went round to Dragon Falls. The queue looked long but went down very quickly, great ride ops today. It was good to have a splash of water as it was so hot out and it was, in a way, nice to see the elephant at the end turned back on, yay for ducking under his spray of water :p

We then walked round for a bit and decided on grabbing some food early before the crowds pack everywhere out. So we went to the new pizza pasta buffet in Market Square. It was really nice inside, it felt quite open and a lot bigger than before and the images of the animals on the wall were awesome (especially the meerkat and tiger cub <3).

We then went to try and find Benin in land of the dragons. We found him operating Sea dragons. He spotted us and told us to queue up lol (there was no one else in the queue. We chatted to Benin for a little while and then rode Sea dragons :p We looked like such fools and what made it even better was Benin saying it was Mark's birthday so we had to sing happy birthday, mark was very embarrassed.

We said bye to Benin and went to headed in the direction of Transylvania. We ended up going on Black buccaneer as it was pretty much walk on, always a great ride, full of airtime. We then walked straight past Bubbleworks as it had an ugly queue. We picked up an ice cream from the shop and entered the queue for Vampire. It didn't seem to bad and then we waited ages outside the gate where the queue merges with fast track. Some time went by and we were finally in the station and somehow it was packed, where did all these people come from? Anyway it was a good ride, even at the front and was funny watching peep's reactions down below us when Mark shouted hello.

I think this is when we weren't sure what to do so we headed towards Rameses' Revenge. We ended up in the small arcade under the Rameses queueline. We played Guitar Hero arcade which was fun. I think this is when we found Jadey outside Rattlesnake. We had to at least say hi and we ended up chatting for a little while. As she had to go on break or go to a different attraction we decided to go on Rattlesnake again.

We then went round to the bird and monkey garden section of the zoo. It was fun but a shame the squirrel monkey enclosure was closed for the keeper's break time. We then watched the meerkats for a really long time because they are awesome. We also watched the chipmunks for a while too, they loved the camera which was funny.

We then went to do Hocus Pocus Hall but got sidetracked by an animal show which was starting on the patch of grass outside. It was cool and different to the shows I've seen before. They had a Macaw, a rat and two animals I can't remember the name of. It was really interesting to watch. After the animals went away we went into Hocus which was fun, was weird when an elderly couple tried exiting out of an emergency exit by mistake.

Afterwards we sat and watched the penguins for a while. They seemed bemused by the sun which was weird. After our time in the sun we went into the Sea Life centre. I like the sea life centres and I swear this one is always changing.

Next up was Rameses' Revenge with Jadey at the control box. I decided to sit at the end because I didn't feel like getting drenched but Mark opted for the middle anyways. Although Jadey wanted to get Mark soaked the fountains failed and weren't that powerful (apparently having problems through the day). Mark knew two other peeps on the ride and afterwards they joined us for Dragons Fury. 3 adults max at a time is back in operation and so me and Mark sat on one side and we got an amazing spin. Benin was also working on Fury so we said hi.

I then met Benin a bit later and had some massive conversation about Chessington with him on the train.

I took a little bit of footage of the animals and a few photos, might upload them tomorrow. Thanks for reading :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
We have guitar hero arcade at Chessie as well?

Shows how much I've been around the rest of the park this year doesn't it really :lol:

You loved Sea Dragons ;)

peep

CF Legend
^Yeah, fine Sea Dragons was the best ride of the day :D

Took some pics of animals and they can now be found on Facebook HERE.

I might put some of my sea life footage together in a little vid.

EDIT: Just uploaded my short video of the Sea Life centre. Enjoy and make sure you watch it in HD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz34r64P5oM[/youtube]