What's new

Chessington 23rd August 2009 PTR w/ added Will and Jordan

peep

CF Legend
Will became Southern for the weekend so we decided to go Chessington: World of Adventures because it is the best UK park (imho). We were also joined by Jordan and occasionally we saw Badger with his kid and her friend.

DSC04900.jpg

Will and I got to the park a little after 9:30 which is when they open the zoo. This meant I could drag Will to watch the meerkats for some time. So we watched them for a moment and then went over to see the Sealions. They were training one of them for the show which was quite interesting to watch. Here are some pics of said animals, you love it....

DSC04904.jpg

DSC04907.jpg

And yes, that is a guy in the water with the Sealion

Will received a call from Jordan, she had arrived at the park too. After some confusion we found out she had parked in the South car park which meant she was stuck up by Dragons Fury and we were stuck at the zoo (not like this was a bad thing for us). We waited about 5 minutes outside the gate by Creepy caves for the park to open. First thing we did was put Will's bag into a locker. As Will was doing so we spotted Jordan walking through Market Square, very handy.

Our first plan was to do Tomb Blaster as I prefer doing it when there is hardly any one else on the ride. Annoyingly it was closed, this caused us to walk towards Dragon Falls in Mystic East. As we walked past the trampolines Benin spotted us. So we decided that conversing with Benin would be a much more entertaining game. He had to make his way to Land of the Dragons so he could clean the pathways if there was any mess, so we joined him on his not-so-epic journey. Here are some pics I took during our conversation.

DSC04908.jpg

DSC04909.jpg

DSC04912.jpg

He then had to go see a Team Leader in the office above the store in Market Square so we waited outside for him to see what ride he was working on.

DSC04913.jpg

DSC04914.jpg

He was given Tiny Truckers, not fun. So we said bye and that we would probably see him later in the day.

We headed to Transylvania as it has fun attractions.

DSC04915.jpg

We went on Vampire, it was good, music seems to be played louder than previous years which keeps me happy :D Afterwards we did Black Buccaneer because it is awesome.

DSC04917.jpg

Plenty of air time makes girls scream too loudly. Will also decided to shout loudly like Stone Cold, fun times. It was very hot so we opted for Mystic East's Dragon Falls. The queue was long but we waited anyways, actually the queue wasn't bad. Jordan + Will = fun times. Although wasps were annoying, this was to be a theme for the day :( We got very wet on the drops which is very unusual for Dragon Falls. However we all managed to duck under the elephant's evil spout of water.

DSC04920.jpg

DSC04921.jpg

DSC04922.jpg

We were hungry by now, especially as Jordan and Will hadn't eaten anything yet. So we went to the Greedy Goblin pub. It was 12 so we got there just before the stupid crowds. All the staff were happy and cool. We sat outside because the weather was nice. This was to become a regrettable plan. Why I hear you cry, well I'll tell you....WASPS. Urgh. We started off sitting at table 50 (see below), I had a pint of coke and then Will and Jordan joined me after ordering foodage. There was the occasional wasp which we were just about able to put up with. Then the food came. I had bangers and mash which was amazing and they had chicken things. The sauce on Will's food caused the wasps to come in their droves, which in turn drove us insane. We opted for inside times where we continued to eat good food.

DSC04925.jpg

DSC04926.jpg

As we exited the pub we met Badger randomly sitting down outside just about to have foodage lol. We informed him of the annoying wasps and then he told us he killed 3 wasps lol. We proceeded onwards to the zoo as zoo = good times. We saw a macaw, it didn't do anything so we moved on.

DSC04928.jpg

There were some fun monkeys but I didn't take pics of them. The squirrel monkey walkthrough was silly and was closed for a while, we only had to wait 10 mins so we continued onwards. We encountered ferrets, more meerkats (because they are awesomes) some annoying thing I don't like and capabaras (sp?) which are ugly.

DSC04930.jpg

DSC04931.jpg

DSC04933.jpg

DSC04935.jpg

There was a shed thing which had been extended which had somthing I have forgotten the name of and chipmunks, they were cool but no chip 'n' dale.

DSC04937.jpg

I also took a pic of the hotel as it looked good

DSC04938.jpg

By now the squirrel monkey walkthrough was open. It was fun and we spent about 15 mins in there. Will scared one monkey, I felt sorry for it.

DSC04944.jpg

We then made our way round to the children's zoo which I have always looked upon as a bad place but today that opinion changed, yay. There was a cool colourful bird, rabbits and a pig.

DSC04957.jpg

DSC04958.jpg

DSC04959.jpg

I decided that we should do Hocus Pocus Hall as we were nearby.

DSC04960.jpg

Will did not really want to do it...

DSC04962.jpg

It was good fun though apart from it was boiling inside. Upon exited the attraction we noticed some big blue thing. It turned out to be a cool bat character thing, never heard or seen this before, good times.

DSC04965.jpg

So yeah he was cool (and posed for pics, always an added bonus). Jordan wanted creepy caves times so we went there next. It wasn't great, quite empty.

DSC04966.jpg

DSC04967.jpg

DSC04968.jpg

We then had a small break. Will had some water...

DSC04969.jpg

I had some Coke Zero...

DSC04970.jpg

DSC04971.jpg

And we were attacked by wasps.

So, onwards to Trail of the Kings. This was timed badly as we encountered Fossa (the worst replacement of Gibbons ever), tired Lions, a Tiger which then went inside for food and no Leopards as they were placing their food outside (couldn't be bothered to wait).

DSC04972.jpg

DSC04973.jpg

So, off to Forbidden Kingdom we went. This time Tomb Blaster behaved and was open. It had a queue, like we cared. However in this queue we got annoyed by a stupid family with about 6 kids in front of us, they misbehaved and resulted in Jordan and I to tell Will to apologise as it was funny because that's what the Dad kept saying to one of the kids. We were finally on the ride, I didn't get a great score (still won :p) but Jordan seemed less than impressed with the attraction.

DSC04974.jpg

DSC04975.jpg

My score

Next was Beanoland's Dodgems. We couldn't help but think that this would be the last time we ride this as it is (new theme next year). We also realised that there will be a lack of dodgems at Ghosterforce :( (closes 20th September for refurb).

DSC04984.jpg

DSC04978.jpg

It was fun times, actually felt like quite a decent amount of time. However the music was not playing loud enough, mergh. Jordan and I demanded ice cream so we went to the ice cream place in Market Square.

DSC04990.jpg

We all got two scoops of ice cream. It was very nice. Will obviously didn't like his as half of it ended up on the floor (by accident I might add).

DSC04992.jpg

It was funny because a manager type peep (who knew we were friend's of Benin) walked by and laughed at Will. :D

We now wanted another ride so we opted for Bubbleworks.

DSC04994.jpg

It had a queue which was annoying. But we did it anyway. We all got quite moist. Meh times. In the queue for the ride Will noticed he didn't have his glasses case anymore so after riding we went on a search for them. First stop was guest services who did not have them. They were helpful and happy though, good points. Our next stop was Dodgems (bumping into Badger on the way) as they could have fallen out of Will's pocket on them. We asked the cool ride op and luckily we did have it! Hurrah, good times were had by all :D

We then queued for Dragon's Fury. It was good as always, not a lot of spin but I did manage to get into a good position for some backwards air time on the air time hill. Fun.

DSC04995.jpg

This picture is of car 7, however we rode in car 4, I just didn't want to have a generic photo that everyone has when discussing this awesome coaster

Our next (and last) ride was Vampire. Fun times were had by all on this classic Arrow coaster.

DSC04997.jpg

Well it was now time for home :(. Jordan said goodbyes and went home. Will and I found Benin and caught the train towards Waterloo with him.

I had an awesome day and I thank (in alphabetical order) Benin, Chessington staff, Jordan and Will for making it an awesome day. Sorry to Badger for not spending the entire day with you, sounds like you had a good day when we spoke to you throughout the day. An extra added thanks to the peeps that have actually managed to read another lengthy PTR by me, Peep :D

Nice report, I actually read the whole thing! I actually never thought much of Chessington but it actually looks like a decent park from your report..

Glad you guys had "fun times".

Also, at the zoo, Fossa? Are those the animals on Madagascar that the lemurs are scared of?

peep

CF Legend
Haha, thanks for reading!

I'm not sure if Fossa are in Madagascar but they are ugly and annoying so possibly. It's like a mix between a Siamese cat, a dog that has been shaved and a bat, not a good look.

nealbie

CF Legend
Yes Taylor they are. :p

And yay for fun times, sorry I didn't have the money to attend, looks like fun times was indeed had.

And Will's glasses case certainly does the rounds doesn't it? :lol:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Good stuff Jon. I forgot that Chessie is losing Beanoland!

Might have to make one last flying visit before it disappears once and for all. I lvoed the Beano when I was a kid, so it would be rude not to give it one final go.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I had a good day, it was hot and dry which gets extra thumbs up from me!

I love looking around the zoo, pygmy marmosets and bunny rabbits <3

Also, I love Vampire even if it does like to hurt my spine occasionally.

peep

CF Legend
Thanks for the comments :D

I have now uploaded all my pics to Facebook. There be more of the animals and beanoland. You can see them HERE. The pictures of London are in there too, a trip report may appear in the Life outside section of the forums later tonight.