What's new

Celebrities face rollercoaster ride in new TV gameshow

Emmett

Giga Poster
Katie Price and Heather Mills will be strapped into rollercoasters and other extreme theme park rides for a new TV gameshow.

The pair will join other famous faces such as Phil Tufnell and Matt Wills for new series Scream if You Know the Answer!, to be presented by Blue singer Duncan James, which will see celebrities team up with members of the public to take part in games and compete for a £5,000 prize pot.

The teams, who will wear special cameras, will take part on theme park rides at Thorpe Park including Stealth, one of Europe's fastest rollercoasters; Samurai and Slammer, which spin through 360 degrees; Detonator, a 115-foot drop at 45mph; and Tidal Wave, which plunges 85 feet, creating a huge wall of water.

The 10-part series, which is being made by production company Lion Television, is due to air on UKTV's Watch channel next year. Filming will begin this week.

UKTV's director of entertainment commissioning, Lisa Perrin, said: "The thing I really love about Scream is that our celebrities get to ride too, so we can watch them and the contestants being pushed and pulled here, there and everywhere by huge G forces."

Watch's channel head, Paul Moreton, added: "In theory, the tasks we're getting our contributors to do are simple – but trying to complete them whilst upside down at 55mph and experiencing 4.7Gs is another thing."

The show was commissioned by Perrin, Watch's channel head Paul Moreton and UKTV's director of entertainment, Christian Drobnyk. It is executive produced by Perrin, Tess Cuming and Simon Welton with Andy Scott as series producer and Tony Gregory as director.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/sep/28/uktv-scream-if-you-know-the-answer

Dave

CF Legend
OH god Heather Mills is on it, have to take that leg of hers off when she gets on the ride, may fly off and kill a small child!

I bet Katie Price will ride and swear the ride raped her and sue it.

peep

CF Legend
Oh, so this is going to be made for a channel I don't have...great. Bit of a weird concept but I suppose it'll be popular with Thorpe fanboys.

Ollie

CF Legend
Wasn't this what they were asking people to sign up for a while ago? Shame it's on a channel that you have to have sky to watch but It'll probably end up on Youtube or something/..

A

Anonymous

You know with that Brain Rush show on CN, this seem like an idea that is spreading all around the world.
brainrush_26.jpg

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Gladiator said:
Can't wait for this to air
It's going to be pretty funny

Was that an intentional pun or not?

If it was at Alton then there would be no mistaking. It's not, so it's more well hidden.

Well played, sir!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
It seems every show on TV which features roller coasters or thrills, or indeed anything to do with theme parks, is filmed at Thorpe :/

It's rather annoying, but I suppose it gives Thorpe even more publicity...

Darren

Roller Poster
I took some pics whilst at the park yesterday. Duncan James was hosting with Phil Tuffnel as the contestant.

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

The whole show looked a bit confusing but will be interesting to see how it turns out...

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
^ I know what you mean!!!! they were filming around thorpe again today........

But one thing seemed very strange..(could be a little side bit or not, not really sure but) they were filming outside of hellgate with the banners/backgrounds up etc . Does anyone know if helgate has been finished etc and maybe they have done somthing for halloween as a special kind of thing? or merely just using that area as a backdrop?

Im not sure tbh myself because i would of thought thorpe wouldnt allow cameras in the mazes because they didnt want people to know what is inside and to expect.......

A

Anonymous

pitchnoir said:
^ I know what you mean!!!! they were filming around thorpe again today........

But one thing seemed very strange..(could be a little side bit or not, not really sure but) they were filming outside of hellgate with the banners/backgrounds up etc . Does anyone know if helgate has been finished etc and maybe they have done somthing for halloween as a special kind of thing? or merely just using that area as a backdrop?

Im not sure tbh myself because i would of thought thorpe wouldnt allow cameras in the mazes because they didnt want people to know what is inside and to expect.......

I think the tv prog is airing next year so by then the maze will be gone and next time out will be different so.

luke8

Mega Poster
Yay for the same two-bit celebrities that exhaust every tv channel and every reality game show or anything ever. If you hadn't have mentioned any names in the first post and left us to guess, Im pretty sure everyone would guess straight away.

Yay for more pointless shows with bits of coasters added on on a ****e channel filmed at Thorpe!

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Did I see Cleo Rocos in those pictures?

I love Cleo Rocos.

She was fab in the Kenny Everett Show,yes I'm showing my age. :oops: