• Meh.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I was disappointed with CP.

The park itself was better than I expected, as in it was very pleasant to be in which isn't something I've heard it praised for. But all the coasters bar Maverick (and TTD at a push, but I'd rather just go ride Ka) are poor.

I went on Monday/Tuesday and it seemed VERY busy compared to other US parks and considering it has so many attractions. It's like Disney busy. We asked several staff why it's so busy on a weekday before schools get out and they were like "this isn't busy".

The queueline layouts are utterly, disgustingly horrendous.

The rain policy ruined my day. It barely drizzled, so I was furious because there was no legitimate reason for the rides to be closed (as if there is even with rain). They did not stick to the weather guidelines on the website and told us that anything with more than one train had to close or run one train, yet Woodstock express was also closed. We were told a storm was on the way. Such a storm never materialized and I can't fathom why Power Tower is immune to an imaginary storm that Woodstock and the rest of the park isn't.

Guest services were useless and I found them to be pretty rude. Staff in the park didn't know the location of Guest Services (It's in an obvious place, but this is besides the point. I didn't wanna trek back to the entrance to find it's in a strange location.)

On a positive note, when rides WERE open, operations were amazing. When in the station it's hard to believe the queue is so long given the throughput. TTD seems to launch constantly and whilst I have no idea why on MF they say to not pull the lapbar down, it clearly works at speeding it up. I cannot imagine how horrible queues would be if they operated as slow as most other parks.

I'd like to know what other people think in response to points I've made (and any other points, positive or negative). I think it's possible to like the park but still agree with my negative points, especially the bull**** rain policy.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I was first hit with the shear scale of the park. It was massive.

But I found the park amazing in every single way, other than the rain thing and reliability. Raptor lift chain change (2 days), Maverick down for a day, TTD cable change (Half day), Monsoons of rain/thunder lasted a day and a half.

The place was spotless. Not a single bit of litter to be seen other than the floaters in Mantis' back lake.

The queue atmosphere was raving. Which was awesome. And they actually move very fast which is obviously a plus. The queues wern't bad at around 30 - 70mins for us.

Staff were great. Such enthusiasm. How they manage to say that speal of words on every dispatch is amazing, and the "how was your ride" on return really made you feel good and connecting with the place.

I was dissapointed with some rides, but the most were still amazing, like MilF, TTD, WT, Maggy, Mavvy. Gemini was suprizing. WT was a big suprize. Disaster was just LOL, but the AC in there was great.

Mean Streak needs to find its way into a pile of firewood though.

I kept saying to myself, "This is what Thorpe should be like". It was an amazing park for me.

Snoo

The Legend
You went on Tuesday and didn't tell me? I was there you silly.. :lol:

And it really wasn't busy that day.. although the line for Raptor was mighty long. They do get a LOT of people to come to the park.. but I saw many schools there.. which adds thousands more to the overall.

I'm in a rush but I'll throw some more thoughts later. <3

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I voted "It's good". I wouldn't call it the best park in the world, but I loved Cedar Point. The entire experience the park gave was great, and the coaster collection was incredible (after all, the park holds my current #1 and #2!). Sure, the park doesn't have a lot of theme, but in a way the "coaster atmosphere" gives it a theme... If that makes sense.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'll share my opinion as well. Cedar Point is a great park, but it isn't the best. Their operations seem to get worse and worse, but it's still better than a lot of other parks out there. When I was there for opening weekend, I heard that the state of Ohio was inspecting rides until midnight the night before and there were a few rides that weren't open for opening day(Chaos wasn't even put together). Their rain policy is pretty bogus though. Some rides should be closed in the rain just because of their speed, but one ride that really pisses me off is Maverick. The ride ran in the rain all day the first day it was opened, but since the accident on Magnum on that same day, the ride shuts down in all rain.

As for the ride quality, there are only a few world class rides. The rest of them, in my opinion, are still very fun. I find Gemini, Blue Streak, and Magnum very underrated. They're all fun rides to me, but that's probably because I grew up riding them. I can't be titsed with Iron Dragon or Disaster Transport though.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
You went on Tuesday and didn't tell me? I was there you silly.. :lol:
Haha, how funny. I'll see you at KD anyway... Was Tay there that day because I saw a chick who looked kinda like her.

I can't be titsed with Iron Dragon or Disaster Transport though.
I thought DT was awesomely cool. I suspect the queue gets awful on it, so we rode it first to avoid any hellish hidden indoor queueline.

I'd agree that blue streak is underrated, but it's not amazing. I think Mantis is kinda underrated. It's smooth and the first half is interesting.

The ride ran in the rain all day the first day it was opened, but since the accident on Magnum on that same day, the ride shuts down in all rain.
I figured it might be an issue with the Magnum accident (Magnum was the biggest disappointment for me at CP. Heard so many good things and it's got a horrible rattling roughness and jagged turns. PMBO is far, far, far, far, far superior in every single way.), but I dunno what's with the bull****ting about manufacturer guidelines then. Why not just say just H&S and be done with it?

Anyone got a link to details on the Magnum incident?

Error

Strata Poster
Joey said:
But I dunno what's with the **** about manufacturer guidelines then. Why not just say just H&S and be done with it?

It's sort of a "we're blaming so and so, so don't blame us" deal. I had to say it plenty of times, too. It was also an easier way of saying "you're a fat **** and can't fit in the damn seat!"

My opinion of Cedar Point is very, very bias. It's been my "home" park for all my life, and I didn't go to another one until I was about 16. I thought CP was the "OMG BEST PARK EBUR!!!!11!1!", and would blow up at anyone who questioned it.

The more parks I visited, the more I realized it isn't all that great.

I was shocked to find parks that had lines for less then an hour for major attractions, still fairly clean, or had better quality rides (like I found a arrow that DOESN'T suck). I thought CPs "bigger is better" was true, but I loved Waldameer. And it is tiny.

Even working their showed major differences. At CP, I was trained in 10 minutes for any ride I worked and then thrown out to work. Even bigger, major rides like Raptor and MaXair had short trainings. Another thing was I worked 12 different rides. At Six Flags Great America, I had to take a written test for Kiddie rides, and for the same type of car ride I worked the previous year. They took us on a tour, showing us detailed looks of certain ride areas (and nearly got hit with flying keys).

Overall, CP is ok, but not great. It's got meh rides, minus Maverick, Gemini, and such, it's always busy, and some people working there are just plain mean. I don't even plan on going to CP this year.

Snoo

The Legend
Joey said:
Haha, how funny. I'll see you at KD anyway... Was Tay there that day because I saw a chick who looked kinda like her.

Nope.. just us. :p

Joey said:
I'd agree that blue streak is underrated, but it's not amazing. I think Mantis is kinda underrated. It's smooth and the first half is interesting.

BS is a fantastic ride.. I really love it. The airtime you get on the outbound course is fantastical. Honestly, if I would suggest airtime, it would be Maverick then BS.. then a LONG trek to find another with some great power (Maggy is.. ok.. but can be hit or miss most days).

Mantits.. on the other hand.. is a boatload of ****. The trim really takes out its former glory.. or basically what Chang is/was. It's a disappointment really.. like many rides CF has trimmed.. had so much potential. Mean Streak? Epic without trims. I won't even talk about Beast or I305..

As for the park.. I agree with most of what's said. It isn't my favorite park but not even close to the worst. When it comes to coaster selection, its meh at best behind Maverick, MF, and TTD (and a personal shout out to BS.. <3). Many other parks blow it away in that way.

When you look at the flats, I don't see any park which matches it. Sad to see Demon Drop go.. as that was much better then PT.. but still the flat scene is a step above almost every park I've been to.

Operations (besides the STUPID AS HELL rain policy) is pretty good. It could be better but there are MUCH much worse. I don't see many other lines move as fast as the lines at CP.. they don't mess around.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Skyhawk wasn't as good as I was expecting. I don't think it's got the thrust the smaller ones have.

Was impressed with Maxair though, I thought I would hate it.

Maybe I'd think more of blue streak had we not just been on a bounty of better woods. It's most certainly one of CPs better rides though.

On a tangent, I loved Beast even with those hellish trims... Our night rides were fffffffffffffffffffffff.

Also, why is the height restriction for the enterprise like 54"??? We saw witches wheel on the list of the high height restriction and were like wtHELL is that?? Go over to it and find it's a ride which can operate at like 35". Did they have an accident with this too?

Other parks edit their rides post accident, CP just make it impossible to ride them.

Cedar Point is absolutely amazing, but there is one flaw with the park, I know Jr. Gemini is a kid coaster, but Cedar Point shouldn't brag that they've got 17 roller coasters and one of them you have to have a kid shorter than 54", but taller than 36" to ride it, and if you do that and say on CoasterForce that you've ridden it, you will be labelled with kidnapping.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
^It's a coaster, no matter the height restriction. Besides, Cedar Point technically has 17 coasters even without that because of Gemini's two sides.

It's kind of quantity over quality, and though it's not even close to being my favourite park (could be due to the fact that I've been there so much), there's no denying that there is tons to do. They have quite a few quality rides, more than a lot of other parks do, and a lot of flats, as well as kiddie sections, so they're very well rounded, and compared to some other parks, their throughput on coasters in amazing.

Basically, it's a decent park. I always enjoy myself when I go there, I never feel rushed because I've done everything, atmosphere is nice.. Yah.. Decent.

Kevin26

Roller Poster
lol to me. It's like Wild Waves gained muscle

But if given the chance. Yeah, I'd want to visit this park.

So, mine would be towards the "Best"

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Maverick was the only truly great ride in the park, although I thought that Gemini was decent and when I went it must have been a good day because there was some great air in the backseat of Magnum, and Blue Streak also had some good air, MF was just disappointing. All the other rides were blech.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Does Top Thrill Dragster get a mention?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I have never been but I would love to. I voted good as although it looks amazing, I like parks I can do quickly enough so I can get re-rides in but long enough to spend a day there. This I won't get at CP as it'd take 2 days to do all coasters without re-rides. The main reason I can't and never will go to CP is that it's in America and I'm in Britain.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yeah, that sucks. I'm from North Wales too. I'm obviously never going to leave either. Ah well, at least Blackpool isn't too far.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
^^^ Yes, it was good but not great, the launch and the drop are great but it is just too short, and it is not worth waiting an hour and a half in line for unless it is your first ride.