What's new

Cedar Point

Soo, the day started out with me getting up at 5:58 (I always pick random times for my alarm to go off, it's kind of an OCD) and getting ready as usual! I stuck on like, multiple undershirts and a sweater because I knew it was gonna be chilly, but by 7:00 I was heading out the door and driving to my uncle's house. When I got there, they were already waiting for me, and away we went! We were going to take the tunnel across since the Detroit-Windsor marathon was going on, but low and behold, the tunnel was closed, so we went over the bridge and crossed there, seeing many runners on the way (three of them ended up dying, crazy). The border was pretty good and not very busy surprisingly, and on the way, we made a stop to a Timmies, and a Wal Mart to get some snacks. When we got there we noticed the crowds were light, and though I could have went in early, they don't have season passes, so I waited with them.

When we got in the park, we started off with Dragster, which ended up being maybe a twenty minute wait total for the front. Awesome ride as usual, and it never fails to make me nervous! It literally takes your breath away.

After that, we went back to Magnum which was a literal walkon, and rode two times in the ejector seat. Magnum was running better than I've ever seen it run.. Smooth, trimless, fun, and full of airtime! Lindsay really enjoyed it, I think it's her #2 behind Dragster!

We headed over to Gemini which had a ten minute wait due to only running one train, but they ended up opening the other red train up, and we were the first riders of the day on it, yay! Though it wasn't racing, which takes away from the fun of it, it was still a good ride besides the final helix which hurt.

Mean Streak was next, and what can I say about it? It's not the best ever, but I heard some of the other CFers in the park that day got to ride it trimless, so I was a bit bummed about that because apparantly it was actually FUN! But, when I rode it, it was its rough self.

The line for Maverick was long as usual, not completely full but would be about a fourty minute wait. However, the fourty minutes turned into an hour because of the breakdown.. So eventually we boarded, sat somewhere in the middle, and we were about to go up the launch lift when we stopped and were stuck for about fifteen minutes. The guy had to come out and press a button to bring us back into launch position, and a few minutes later, we were headed up the lift. Still a great ride, smoother than it seemed last time, and still in my top five!

We were gonna ride Skyhawk but it traumatized my cousin when we went last year so we skipped it and rode the Cedar Creek Mine Ride which was one of the funniest rides I ever had on it. She was like, it feels like we're riding a horse! And we just kept neighing and pretending to be throwing lassos for the whole ride.. Amusing stuff. Crappy ride as usual but it proves that even crappy rides can be fun!

Millie was the next obvious choice, so we headed that way and saw that the train was stuck on the lift. Two rides being broken in a span of an hour? Unacceptable, Cedar Point! But we figured it would open soon so we waited about ten minutes and after many many many people got out of line (I couldn't help but laugh at them), it opened, and we waited twenty minutes for the very back seat. We also saw Snoo, PKIknex, rollerdude and xxthenersxx while we were in line, so I said hi to them and got sad I couldn't chilloutts. Anyway, my cousin made me sit next to the Lake which was unfortunate, and cold, but it was an okay ride. Even she sees that it doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

We skipped Mantis because we both know it sucks, so we headed to Iron Dragon which I hadn't been on since 2006. It was a walkon, and it was still a fun ride but obviously nowhere near as good as Vortex at Wonderland, or Flight Deck at Kings Island!

We headed to the front area of the park, where we went over to Blue Streak and waited about five minutes. We sat in the second seat from the back and aww there was such a peachy old lady in the very back seat! The ride is a good little ride though, always has been, and gives some good airtime! From Blue Streak, we saw that Raptor had almost no line which was absolutely a shocker since it always has one of the longest lines in the park, so we went over there, and rode it, but my cousin didn't like it very much.. She doesn't like rides where your feet dangle for some reason. It was smoother than usual for me, and still good fun.

She didn't even know there was a ride in the building, so I took her over there and we rode Disaster Transport which was so badass because it was actually completely dark in there for once instead of dimly lit! It is a fun ride, and if it were a little longer it would be better, but it's still worth a ten minute wait for sure.

Wicked Twister was a no go (due to the dangly feet thing), and so was MaXair (since it made her sick last year), so we went over to Corkie which has an awesome crew haha. She really liked it for some reason but, I just thought it was okay as usual. We then went on two spin and puke rides because I think she wanted to MAKE me puke, but she failed. They were fun but made me feel kinda blegh.

Last think we did was some Magnum goodness (past three years I've finished off the season with Maggie, so why stop now) which was as good as it was earlier in the day! Then we left, got some Wendy's, and I crashed out. It was only like, six by the time we left so we didn't get home too late!

Draggie x1
Magnum x 3
Maverick x 1
Gemini x 1
Mean Streak x 1
Millie x 1
Iron Dragon x 1
Blue Streak x 1
Raptor x 1
Disaster Transport x 1
Corkscrew x 1
Matterhorn x 1
Other dumb spinny thing x 1

355_0729.jpg

CMonster

Giga Poster
I really like the nice variety of pictures displayed throughout the whole report! They clearly showed me, step by step, every ride you went on and what a great time you had! Nice photography, Tay!!

:wink:

(Wow, that sounded alot like a furie post... which isn't a bad thing, BTW.)

Anyways, good report. And I've already commented on your cousin. :lol:

I know.. </3

Every post towards me has to make fun of me or, it's clearly not a good post, haha. And I've done so many Cedar Point reviews I don't feel the need for a PTR haha, I'm sure most of you are sick of seeing same ol same ol.

RCF

Strata Poster
Come on guys! This is a PTR (actually more of a TR with one photo which had nothing to do with the rides) don't turn this into a "make fun of Taylor" topic. I mean, it's not like she means to do TR's like this with no pictures or mention any good friends such as Snoo and Rollerdude. It's the Canadian way eh?

(BTW Taylor as gullible as you are this was not a defense :wink: )

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Haha, your cousin is like "get away from me."

Nice report. Good to see you rode other dumb spinny thing at least one time.

^ I know.. It was a retarded ride but it was still hilarious. :p

It was so stupid, even all the little kids were able to get their restraints up by following the ride operator's instructions, and me and my cousin couldn't even figure it out, and it was the simplest thing. So, the ride op had to come around and take us out. :(