What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Sythe

Mega Poster
That's the point, if it's longer, it tends to meander more. It's not packing as much of a punch as some of the smaller ones that keep their speed and hit the brakes too fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Well yeah if it's that bad then it wouldn't be great. But with a 200 foot lift hill there's no way it's going to slow down that much.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
Well yeah if it's that bad then it wouldn't be great. But with a 200 foot lift hill there's no way it's going to slow down that much.

Just because something is 200ft tall doesn't mean its not going to become a meandering mess by the end. Wicked Cyclone, for instance, could have ended one loop sooner (it loops upon itself 3 times I think) and would probably be better off for it.. and it would probably be carrying the same speed depending on how they finished off.

Their BEST creations, at least in my opinion, tend to be "BANG BANG BANG YOURE WELCOME" while the longer rides tend to "BANG BANG Well ok. That was cool. BANG. I mean.. cool? Why? BANG"

Good comparisons would be Lightning Rod (which will most likely be the same speed of this ride) in comparison to NTG. Hyde's video on the previous page is a great example. I'd rather be FLYING into the brakes after a fantastic ride that could have maybe been longer then crawling into the brakes on a longer ride that could have been shorter.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
While I completely agree with you @Snoo, I just can't see CP going the shorter route for this. It's Cedar Point, they're most likely going for the length record.

I have a feeling that Cedar Fair is going big with Mean Streak, and then going smaller and shorter with Hurler.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Just because something is 200ft tall doesn't mean its not going to become a meandering mess by the end. Wicked Cyclone, for instance, could have ended one loop sooner (it loops upon itself 3 times I think) and would probably be better off for it.. and it would probably be carrying the same speed depending on how they finished off.

Their BEST creations, at least in my opinion, tend to be "BANG BANG BANG YOURE WELCOME" while the longer rides tend to "BANG BANG Well ok. That was cool. BANG. I mean.. cool? Why? BANG"

Good comparisons would be Lightning Rod (which will most likely be the same speed of this ride) in comparison to NTG. Hyde's video on the previous page is a great example. I'd rather be FLYING into the brakes after a fantastic ride that could have maybe been longer then crawling into the brakes on a longer ride that could have been shorter.
Eh well I like when it's longer usually. Which is why New Texas giant ranks higher than Iron Rattler for me. But I do have to agree that wicked cyclone had absolutely no airtime at the end, but still an extra ride length is at least good for coasters that would otherwise be too short.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
While I completely agree with you @Snoo, I just can't see CP going the shorter route for this. It's Cedar Point, they're most likely going for the length record.

I have a feeling that Cedar Fair is going big with Mean Streak, and then going smaller and shorter with Hurler.
If I were a betting man, I would envision New Mean Streak making the same three laps as the old Mean Streak made.

Snoo

The Legend
Eh well I like when it's longer usually. Which is why New Texas giant ranks higher than Iron Rattler for me. But I do have to agree that wicked cyclone had absolutely no airtime at the end, but still an extra ride length is at least good for coasters that would otherwise be too short.

Longer isn't always better. It's about how you work it. :D

That's partially why Lighting Rod, Outlaw Run, and Storm Chaser rank highly for me. Wildfire is the lone exception however its not incredibly long anyway.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I'm sure they'll squeeze in something drab about how Gemini was the world's tallest hybrid coaster when it opened 40 years ago (in 2018) and how the new thing is reclaiming the record.

Longest wait between hybrid coaster world records at the same amusement park or some other utter bollocks.

Sythe

Mega Poster
aB5ur7R.jpg

(Not my picture btw. Got it from Facebook. Just for the record lol)

Last edited:

CoasterEv

Roller Poster
Holy Sch-moses. The developing invert / bank after that first hill looks insane and full of hangtime :emoji_heartbeat:

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
For some reason I really hate the look of the descent from that hill. It's as if a new to No Limits user ****ed up with the banking. I have faith in RMC completely, but in terms of visual aspect, I ain't a fan.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
For some reason I really hate the look of the descent from that hill. It's as if a new to No Limits user :emoji_zipper_mouth:ed up with the banking. I have faith in RMC completely, but in terms of visual aspect, I ain't a fan.
My thoughts exactly.

I'm really hoping this rides more like the wave turns on Outlaw Run and Lightning Rod (i.e. amazing) rather than the off-axis airtime hills on Storm Chaser and Iron Rattler (i.e. a bit poo). It's certainly going to feel very strange!

Lofty

CF Legend
So glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes I feel that RMC are more focused on being 'different' and having unique elements as opposed to just focusing on creating a really well designed coaster with fluid elements? I completely understand why and I know people are going to disagree with me, but it's just the way I feel about it.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah but the thing with RMC is, the elements may look ugly, but they ride ****ing amazingly.

And that looks absolutely amazing.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah but the thing with RMC is, the elements may look ugly, but they ride :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing amazingly.

And that looks absolutely amazing.
You're absolutely right, they do all ride very, very well. BUT... there are some of these elements (the off-axis hills I mentioned above) where I do think the ride would be better without them.

Ben

CF Legend
Well the off-axis airtime hills are amazing (Iron Rattler's is just taken too slow) so, you're wrong :p