What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Re: Mean Streak Removal - What's Next?

Mean Streak is getting RMCed and some of you are complaining that it's an iBox and not topper? I get that topper would've had potential to set some records but still! **** MEAN STREAK is getting RMCed. I highly doubt it will be anything BUT the best coaster in the park, the state of Ohio and call me crazy, but even the whole Midwest! And knowing Cedar Point they'll probably find a way to break a record or two.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

I absolutely love the shade of that track! Can totally see it fitting the Iron Streak name.
It must have been more viable to Iron Horse it then. Is there really much of a difference? Perhaps they're planning on adding a woodie to Shoot The Rapids' spot in a few years?

With track already on site, a 2017 opening could well be on here! Perhaps an announcement at/around IAAPA next month? Could Hurler open next year as well as they streamline their schedules?

Anyway, just to stress the scale of the project:

Maverick_and_Mean_Streak.jpg

Goliath-Six-Flags-Great-America-Gurnee-IL.jpg

If they are planning making significant changes to the lift hill, then considering how low the angle of ascent on Mean Streak is compared to a ground-up RMC like Goliath, the amount of extra height gain really could be substantial! They could also add even more through sharpening the crest and steepening the drop, assuming the bottom of the drop remains in the same place.

armyboy608

Roller Poster

New to this Pink Panther but thanks for making me feel like a idiot.
Put those down around you if it makes you feel better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

No sweetie, I'm sorry. Your post reminded me of a quite from a movie and that humored me.
Re: what you said, Coasterforce goes EVERYWHERE. Like sand.

armyboy608

Roller Poster
Re: Mean Streak Removal - RMC

Pink Panther said:
No sweetie, I'm sorry. You're post reminded me of a quite from a movie and that humored me.
Re: what you said, Coasterforce goes EVERYWHERE. Like sand.

fair play
Yes I'm new because I only recently found out how fantastic these rides are.
Oblivion at Alton towers has always been my fav and this year I saw Cedar Point has made the biggest and best Dive Machine in the world so obviously I'm trying to find a way in which I can visit.
Unfortunately for me my friends here in the UK have no desire or no money to share this experience with me.
Please let me know if you have been there and what it's like!
2462c8129414257a2d3c68710bcaed71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

CoasterCrazy said:
With track already on site, a 2017 opening could well be on here! Perhaps an announcement at/around IAAPA next month?
I received the IAAPA announcement schedule the other day and it's not happening. :(

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

armyboy608 said:
Yes I'm new because I only recently found out how fantastic these rides are.(...) I saw Cedar Point has made the biggest and best Dive Machine in the world so obviously I'm trying to find a way in which I can visit. (...)
Please let me know if you have been there and what it's like!

Heh, Cedar Point is a bit of a "pilgrim site" for coaster enthusiasts, so you're not alone in your situation. It seems like every fan will make an attempt to visit the Point at some point in his or her life, so I actually think it's the park visited by the largest percentage of people in here - after the main UK parks, that is. You should check out the Trip Reports forum, there should be some good Cedar Point trip reports in there.

As for the bit about the "biggest and best Dive Machine in the world"... most people would agree it's the biggest all right, but forum battles are fought to exhaustion or bannage over whether it's the best, or should be counted among the best, or if above-ground Dive Machines ought to exist at all, or whether it's molly orange or red, or...

...anyway, most people seem to enjoy Oblivion precisely because it does its drop into that hole, and focuses the entire experience around that. Opinions are torn on whether moving the entire ride up in the air improves or deteriorates the design. I hope you'll get to compare them soon, though!

DeathEater91

Roller Poster

I'm not the most knowledgeable on RMC since I have yet to ride one. What's the difference between a topper track and ibox?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^Yeah, pretty much that. They both ride nearly identical, although some would argue that their woodies are a tad smoother.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Great to see this finally happening. I love that faded red on the track.

Someone mentioned about a future roller coaster going into Shoot the Rapids's area. I could definitely see that happening at some point down the line; maybe find a way to interact with MF.

Snoo

The Legend

Batfastard14 said:
Mean Streak is getting RMCed and some of you are complaining that it's an iBox and not topper? I get that topper would've had potential to set some records but still! **** MEAN STREAK is getting RMCed. I highly doubt it will be anything BUT the best coaster in the park, the state of Ohio and call me crazy, but even the whole Midwest! And knowing Cedar Point they'll probably find a way to break a record or two.

You obviously haven't been on a topper.. or any of the great coasters in the midwest.

That being said.. we'll see. If this was at a Six Flags park, I could see it being legit. But Cedar Fair? We'll see if they do anything besides try to break records and create a mediocre coaster in the process (IE Valravn).

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

Snoo said:
Batfastard14 said:

You obviously haven't been on a topper.. or any of the great coasters in the midwest.

That being said.. we'll see. If this was at a Six Flags park, I could see it being legit. But Cedar Fair? We'll see if they do anything besides try to break records and create a mediocre coaster in the process (IE Valravn).
I actually have.... 2 to be exact... yes they are better I can agree, but my point is that we should just be happy that this is actually happening and Cedar Point isn't going with a mediocre B&M again.

Snoo

The Legend
We don't HAVE to be happy with anything. Just because a park is building something doesn't mean we have to drop to our knees and give the them the ol' deep throat.

Cedar Point will.. yet again.. build something that looks good in practice, 'sounds' good to the general public, but is terrible in reality (hello Mystic Timbers, I'm looking at you). That has been Cedar Fairs MO for the last two decades for the most part. Very few coasters, in the entirety of the chain, have not fit that bill IMO. As I said before, CP will ramp this thing up, it will be tall and cute and break something, but will fade into the background like most of the rides they've build for quite a while.

I do hope I'm wrong.. but when it quacks, ****, and eats like a duck, you don't go and call it a chicken.