What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Pear

Strata Poster
a622e53882d909abbbad0ed4acbd8bb8.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
Train looks a bit plain in that photo, I feel like it needs a bit more texture? Still lovely though...

Matt N

CF Legend
I think that the front looks menacing. Also why are people still saying this will still have horrible pacing even after watching the new video?
I honestly have no idea. I suppose it's a matter of personal opinion, but if I lived in Ohio, I would be legitimately unable to wait until 5th May to ride this coaster!

Snoo

The Legend
I do live in Ohio and I can wait. :p Of course, I've lived here my whole life and have numerous friends, including sluts on this site, going to opening day, so who am I to judge. :D

I'll get on it in May or June sometime. No need to rush.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
I honestly have no idea. I suppose it's a matter of personal opinion, but if I lived in Ohio, I would be legitimately unable to wait until 5th May to ride this coaster!
It is really bad on the Instagram community. People are saying its going very slow, its gonna be the worst rmc, etc. But then again, their home parks are the ones who got screwed over with the world's tallest super loop lol. It's mainly all the people who don't want to admit they were wrong about it being horribly paced. I don't know what they're smoking, but this thing is moving considering how cold it was when it was taken.

Snoo

The Legend
It is really bad on the Instagram community. People are saying its going very slow, its gonna be the worst rmc, etc. But then again, their home parks are the ones who got screwed over with the world's tallest super loop lol. It's mainly all the people who don't want to admit they were wrong about it being horribly paced. I don't know what they're smoking, but this thing is moving considering how cold it was when it was taken.

To be honest, pacing is never the same actually on-ride in comparison to what it looks like, both slower and faster. Wicked Cyclone and Storm Chaser are both great examples of both sides as WC doesn't LOOK to slow down but when youre on it, it definitely does not have the pacing at the end of the ride. Storm Chaser, on the other hand, looks to seemingly die in those last bunny hops but its moving.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
One thing RMCs really seem to suffer with, and what I'm most nervous about happening with Steel Vengeance, is losing speed to the point of being sluggish. They don't seem to be able to hold speed very well. The RMCs that do hit the brakes fast are either very short or finish downhill. The longer coasters (of which this will be the longest) all seem to fizzle out at the end.

It's the end of this ride that could let it down.

Wait, I've said this before...
http://coasterforce.com/forums/thre...-streak-conversion.40073/page-77#post-1014585
There's no doubt that the first half of this coaster is going to be insane. What's going to make or break it, however, is whether the second half makes it feel like it's dragging. Granted it will be underneath the structure, which should help up the excitement, but if it ends up feeling like Iron Rattler's middle portion at the end, then it could taint the overall ride experience.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
One thing RMCs really seem to suffer with, and what I'm most nervous about happening with Steel Vengeance, is losing speed to the point of being sluggish. They don't seem to be able to hold speed very well. The RMCs that do hit the brakes fast are either very short or finish downhill. The longer coasters (of which this will be the longest) all seem to fizzle out at the end.

It's the end of this ride that could let it down.

Wait, I've said this before...
http://coasterforce.com/forums/thre...-streak-conversion.40073/page-77#post-1014585
true but based off of the video released and considering that most of the second half is within the structure, I don't think pacing will be a problem with this ride. Plus we have to look at the newer RMCs with the new wheel assembly rmc is using. They're breaking in a lot quicker than the older ones. And -2Gs is insane. The ride is still gonna be moving if its gonna hit -2Gs in that second half. Its only gonna get faster as well

Snoo

The Legend
true but based off of the video released and considering that most of the second half is within the structure, I don't think pacing will be a problem with this ride. Plus we have to look at the newer RMCs with the new wheel assembly rmc is using. They're breaking in a lot quicker than the older ones. And -2Gs is insane. The ride is still gonna be moving if its gonna hit -2Gs in that second half. Its only gonna get faster as well

To be honest, videos aren't reality of the forces you will actually feel. Yes the newer ones tend to be paced much better however none of the newer ones have been this big. When youre shorter, pacing typically isnt as large of a problem. However, the bigger you are, you will feel those problems much more dramatically. Both Wicked Cyclone and Wildfire, counting rides from recent years who are bigger AND longer, tend to slag at the end. While both are phenomenal (hell, Wildfire is in my Top 10), it is still a knock. The only other COMPAREABLE coaster is Texas Giant, which DIES LIKE A SLUT, in its latter half.

codeman94

Mega Poster
Eyes can deceive. Maverick does NOT look like the physical beast it is. I remember being left speechless after I rode it for the first time. How could such a tiny ride that looked so slow give such a beating? I think the relative size of the first lap structure is making the 3rd lap look slow.

also. Maybe its slow. We'll have to ride it to find out.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
To be honest, videos aren't reality of the forces you will actually feel. Yes the newer ones tend to be paced much better however none of the newer ones have been this big. When youre shorter, pacing typically isnt as large of a problem. However, the bigger you are, you will feel those problems much more dramatically. Both Wicked Cyclone and Wildfire, counting rides from recent years who are bigger AND longer, tend to slag at the end. While both are phenomenal (hell, Wildfire is in my Top 10), it is still a knock. The only other COMPAREABLE coaster is Texas Giant, which DIES LIKE A SLUT, in its latter half.
True. But considering how good the other RMCs are, I think this will be too good that no one will notice it slowing down. Also apparently the double wheels help rides carry their speed better. Even then this is really gonna be something special. I've been keeping track of this coaster for nearly 2 years and I am very happy with how it turned out. Picture this thing with a full train, after a full day of running and hot humid weather. Plus I've never heard anything bad about RMC other than the restraints but I heard that it only affects "bigger people"

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
True. But considering how good the other RMCs are, I think this will be too good that no one will notice it slowing down. Also apparently the double wheels help rides carry their speed better. Even then this is really gonna be something special. I've been keeping track of this coaster for nearly 2 years and I am very happy with how it turned out. Picture this thing with a full train, after a full day of running and hot humid weather. Plus I've never heard anything bad about RMC other than the restraints but I heard that it only affects "bigger people"
I have to agree with Snoo. NTG and IR and even WC had noticeable slow down at the end towards on hot summer days with full trains. The truth is we just won't know until we ride it. Signs look good but look can be deceiving.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
I have to agree with Snoo. NTG and IR and even WC had noticeable slow down at the end towards on hot summer days with full trains. The truth is we just won't know until we ride it. Signs look good but look can be deceiving.
No I agree with you but we also have to keep in mind that WC doesn't run the best wheels (it would run a lot better if it had the newer wheels), NTG was RMC's first coaster so they wanted to be safe, and IR does have that section on top of the quarry wall. But other than that I see where you're coming from. I wish the Instagram community was more civilized about this XD. A lot of people were quick to point out that it is running super slow without even considering the fact it is Ohio in March/April and its testing