What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

CMonster

Giga Poster
And the 1870 harkens back to the opening year, when there was a boat ride!

This clearly indicates that this ride will, indeed, be an eleven inversion Aquatrax.

Calling it now.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
*Insert aquatraxx joke here*

*Insert 398432984739612983721934723052394169283219 foot tall coaster joke here*

*Insert record inversion coaster here*

Oh...I'm a bit too late. Oops.

AlienSpeedFiend

Roller Poster
Stratosoar?

ScienceDaily (Apr. 21, 2009) —

Scientists at Harvard University have found that tropical cyclones readily inject ice far into the stratosphere

Just a thought...

Snoo

The Legend
Well the only clues we'll get will be from CP.. so I guess we'll have to see. Once we get a little more we will be able to see what the wordplay has in common with such things as that. :)

AlienSpeedFiend

Roller Poster
I was also thinking that although it's getting a bit late to start working on a major coaster, CP have been using Intaminge regularly in the past few years & given that the prefab plug & play coasters go up quite quickly (I think), could that point at an El Torro style woody?

Snoo

The Legend
Nope.. not at all. Kinzel, in all his wisdom, has said in the past that PnP's aren't something CP will invest in. Damn.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
AlienSpeedFiend; That's actually a very good find. CP did have a coaster called Cyclone years ago, but whether it all connects with this project may just be digging way too deep into it.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
CP posted IEItRmA on their page at some point today. It spells out Airtime.

... Although in CP terms, airtime normally means really high up in the air :)

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
This was posted to Canada's Wonderland facebook page so maybe Stratosoar is going there. The name was trademarked by Cedar Fair not specifically Cedar Point.
T9p8a.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Or maybe there are two Stratosoars being built. Remember, when Skyhawk was built at CP, Xtreme Swing was also built at Valleyfair.

RCF

Strata Poster
Cedar Point's FaceBook just wrote, "We will announce the plans for 2011 one week from today! For clues and more info, click the "New in 2011" tab above."

And on the "New in 2011" tab

http://www.facebook.com/cedarpoint#/ced ... 5325419845

They're dropping photo hints.

Edited because you don't know how to post a URL.. :p -Snoo

Well maybe I was in rush and didn't have time to check. -RCF :wink:

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
Clicking on the windmill takes you thislink in case you wondered or didn't notice.
Probably something similar to the star flyer especially since Canada's Wonderland will also be announcing their new ride on the 24th.
Cyclone's are windy too but that's wishful thinking for a B&M flyer or new woodie named after the original CP cyclone that was once on the beach.

Thom25

Roller Poster
I agree, when I first saw the windvane I thought of the Starflyer, but as I thought about a rotating windvane, I think a ball coaster could still be in the running, especially after seeing CW's facebook page asking how high!