What's new

Cedar Point Fast Lane

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I could have sworn that we already had a topic about this, but I'll be damned if I can find it. :?

Anyway, I thought I would just post this where everyone can see it, since Cedar Point is a major destination for most of us.
I doubt I'll ever go with 4 other people other than during a CF-Live, but $30 is a great price & $50 for the single pass isn't exactly a rip-off.
In a way I'm glad that they're offering these, but it could also mean even longer wait times for those that can't afford them or buy one because of the limited quantity. A limited quantity is definitely a good thing though, so be sure to go online & purchase them ahead of time or you might be SOL by the time you get to the park. :wink:

So here are the details:
Fast Lane

With Fast Lane, you are sure to have the ultimate Cedar Point experience. Speed through the line on 16 of your favorite rides as many times as you want all day long!

Ride More, Wait Less.

Make the most of your day with Fast Lane. Our list of rides has something for everyone in the family to enjoy plus all of your favorite coasters. Fast Lane rides include Millennium Force, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick and more! (See full list below).

Prices Start at Just $30 Per Person

Unlimited rides with limited waiting sounds too good to be true, but it's not! Purchase five or more Fast Lane passes and they are just $30 per person. See our full pricing chart below for more information - the more you buy, the more you save!

Number of Passes - Price Per Person (Sunday - Friday)*
1 - $50
2 - $45
3 - $40
4 - $35
5 or More - $30

*Additional $5 per person on Saturdays.

Easy Access to Ride Platforms

If we didn't tell you about Fast Lane - you might not even notice it's here! Separate ride entrances and exclusive access points make Fast Lane quick, easy and hassle-free for all our guests.

Limited Availability

We only sell a limited quantity of Fast Lane ticket per day. This keeps the Fast Lane experience great for all our guests. Be sure to reserve your date by buying your Fast Lane tickets online in advance!

Fast Lane Rides*

Blue Streak
Corkscrew
Gemini
Magnum XL-200
Maverick
Millenium Force
Raptor
Top Thrill Dragster
Mean Streak
MaXair
Power Tower
WindSeeker
Giant Wheel
Cadillac Cars
Dodgem
Shoot-the-Rapids

*Weather and maintenance permitting. Ride Substitutions may be made. No Rain Checks or Refunds.
Source:
http://www.cedarpoint.com/what-s-new/fast-lane

Lofty

CF Legend
That's actually amazing. The price is fantastic, so cheap. Especially if you compare what you get for it compared to any of Merlin's "Ultimate Fast-Track" which cost a LOT more than this.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I have been reading reports from other CF parks and the FL is really killing operations on all coasters.

While I agree that those prices are really cheap for what is considered a premium service, I don't like the way it's been implemented so far (the FL users and the 'regular' line don't merge at the station; the FL users board before letting 'regular' guests through the airgates)...

If they want this to be a premium service, they should, as Lofty says, charge a lot more than 50$...

Snoo

The Legend
Meh. I've never liked CP when it comes to trying to do that. While the prices aren't that bad.. the lines never really are either.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
This is long overdue, and I'm glad they are putting it in.

If the lines aren't long, then there will be little noticeable effect having it, but on a really busy day I wouldn't want to wait longer than I have to.

Snoo

The Legend
But Tom..

oriolat2 said:
I have been reading reports from other CF parks and the FL is really killing operations on all coasters.

While I agree that those prices are really cheap for what is considered a premium service, I don't like the way it's been implemented so far (the FL users and the 'regular' line don't merge at the station; the FL users board before letting 'regular' guests through the airgates)...

If they want this to be a premium service, they should, as Lofty says, charge a lot more than 50$...

This statement remains amazingly true. Only three coasters (off the top of my head.. MF, TTD, and Maggy) have a Fast Lane built in from the old days.. and when they were in operation, the lines of the regulars were slowed immensely. I was actually quite glad at the fact that they didn't have it.. less wasted money and faster lines. Although Six Flags have never been lauded for their capacity, you can see the affects of the fast lane gumming up the joint.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
It's not gonna be perfect during the first few weeks of operation, and it will effect the main queue to a degree. It's too early to jump to conclusions, and given how efficient the parks were before the system was introduced, given some time and practise I expect they'll have it sussed out sooner rather than later.

Cedar Fair's not in the best financial state, and if this goes some way to helping ease that, then that's business talking.

Snoo

The Legend
See.. that's the thing.. I'm talking from when Cedar Point DID have Fast Lane before.. and it wasn't pleasant by any means.

In terms of business.. well.. meh. The bottom line won't have a dramatic change from this.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
...and up goes the price to $55 for one person, which will cost $60 on Saturdays.
Wonder how many more price increases we'll see before the season's over? :roll:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This price breakdown seems more reasonable than some of Six Flags' pricing.

I too remember CP's failed Fast Lane attempt, which consisted of free stamps that were given out via back-of-the-hand. Wound up in a lot of confusion and only 1 true line jump at the end of the day.

As long as this system doesn't get in my way for wait times too much, I could care less.

What CP REALLY needs is an efficient single rider queue.