What's new

Cedar Point | Cedar Point Shores | Soak City Revamp

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Announced 8/18/16, Cedar Point will be rebranding their Soak City water park, while adding two new slide attractions:

Big waves are coming in 2017!

Announcing the new Cedar Point Shores Water Park! It's 18 acres of splish-splashin family fun, featuring three completely new water attractions, upgrades to food and merchandise locations, new cabanas and so much more.

NEW Ways to Cool Off

You'll find all-new attractions designed for big thrills and little thrills.

Point Plummet - It's a six-story-tall aqua-drop body slide that will simultaneously send four riders on a nearly vertical free fall when the floor drops out from under them!

Starboard Surge & Portside Plunge - Located on the same structure as Point Plummet, these two, five-story tube slides can accommodate single riders or pairs and sends them through an enclosed tunnel before shooting them out into the sun through intense drops and turns.

Lakeslide Landing - A family splashground of epic proportions! There's 12, kid-sized water slides that line the perimeter of a zero-depth-entry pool, giving kids their own mini water thrills while parents can relax under shade structures and enjoy an oversized lounge and sun deck area.

NEW Ways to Dine - The new Crystal Rock Cafe will cook up delicious food items guests won't be able to resist.

NEW Ways to Chill - The all-new cabanas, located on both sides of the massive wave pool, receive upgrades like free Wi-Fi, charging stations, ceiling fans, TVs and dedicated food and beverage service. The cabanas can accommodate friends, families or even family reunions!

More New Upgrades - Cedar Point Shores will receive a completely new entrance gate, a new poolside bar, new family changing/showering areas, more lounge chairs, additional shade, improved landscaping and unobstructed views of Lake Erie.

LLheader.jpg

PPheader.jpg

For those of you following at home, here is the rough layout of where new additions will be bound. Note, the go-karts and Skyscraper attractions have been removed to make room for new additions. Interesting that Point Plummet will be wedged in between Magnum and the back park entrance - this leaves a wide open field for new additions in the future. coughProSlideTornadocough

polls.png

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Sounds like a nice facelift to the waterpark. If I'm not mistaken, this is a completely new slide complex from previous Cedar Fair installations?

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
Is it bad that I'm more excited about the hotel revamps than the water park? Don't get me wrong, it's a much needed addition, but I'm just more intrigued by the work they're putting into their accommodations.