Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cedar Point | Cedar Point Shores | Soak City Revamp

Discussion in 'Other Ride Construction' started by Hyde, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Hyde

Hyde I Lied About My Age! Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Announced 8/18/16, Cedar Point will be rebranding their Soak City water park, while adding two new slide attractions:

Big waves are coming in 2017!

Announcing the new Cedar Point Shores Water Park! It's 18 acres of splish-splashin family fun, featuring three completely new water attractions, upgrades to food and merchandise locations, new cabanas and so much more.

NEW Ways to Cool Off

You'll find all-new attractions designed for big thrills and little thrills.

Point Plummet - It's a six-story-tall aqua-drop body slide that will simultaneously send four riders on a nearly vertical free fall when the floor drops out from under them!

Starboard Surge & Portside Plunge - Located on the same structure as Point Plummet, these two, five-story tube slides can accommodate single riders or pairs and sends them through an enclosed tunnel before shooting them out into the sun through intense drops and turns.

Lakeslide Landing - A family splashground of epic proportions! There's 12, kid-sized water slides that line the perimeter of a zero-depth-entry pool, giving kids their own mini water thrills while parents can relax under shade structures and enjoy an oversized lounge and sun deck area.

NEW Ways to Dine - The new Crystal Rock Cafe will cook up delicious food items guests won't be able to resist.

NEW Ways to Chill - The all-new cabanas, located on both sides of the massive wave pool, receive upgrades like free Wi-Fi, charging stations, ceiling fans, TVs and dedicated food and beverage service. The cabanas can accommodate friends, families or even family reunions!

More New Upgrades - Cedar Point Shores will receive a completely new entrance gate, a new poolside bar, new family changing/showering areas, more lounge chairs, additional shade, improved landscaping and unobstructed views of Lake Erie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those of you following at home, here is the rough layout of where new additions will be bound. Note, the go-karts and Skyscraper attractions have been removed to make room for new additions. Interesting that Point Plummet will be wedged in between Magnum and the back park entrance - this leaves a wide open field for new additions in the future. coughProSlideTornadocough

[​IMG]

2. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    The Voyage
    Best Park:
    Holiday World
    Coaster Count:
    Sounds like a nice facelift to the waterpark. If I'm not mistaken, this is a completely new slide complex from previous Cedar Fair installations?

3. CarolinaRider

CarolinaRider Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Raptor (Cedar Point)
    Best Park:
    Busch Williamsburg
    Coaster Count:
    Is it bad that I'm more excited about the hotel revamps than the water park? Don't get me wrong, it's a much needed addition, but I'm just more intrigued by the work they're putting into their accommodations.