What's new

Cedar Fair and Six Flags in Florida - Yay or nay?

vgmaster9

Roller Poster
With Legoland coming to Florida, how would you like a Cedar Fair and Six Flags park near Orlando as well? The Six Flags park could compete with their bigger parks, like Great Adventure and Magic Mountain. It could also have a Hurricane Harbor waterpark next to it, as well as some other stuff, just like while Great Adventure has Wild Safari. The Cedar Fair park could compete with their more popular parks, like Cedar Point, Dorney Park, and Knott's Berry Farm. Its waterpark could also be bigger than their other parks' waterparks. Of course, both parks can have their own hotels and resorts.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Nay !! Never going to happen. Neither park would invest the huge amount needed to build the park from scratch, it could also potentially bankrupt either company nevermind stump the growth of there existing parks due to lack of finances. Both parks are more interested in reducing the number of parks they own in order to make a higher profit from there core money making parks, Its just good business! However i will say one thing.... Orlando does have a gap in the market for a park dedicated to thrills, but i just can see SF or CF filling that gap.

D1993

Hyper Poster
I actually would really like to see both a Cedar Fair and Six Flags park to pop up in Florida. However, I dont think that will happen, as starting a park from scratch would be mighty expensive and I dont think the parks are in a position to spend a gigantic amount of money on a completely new project. Perhaps it would be more likely for them to buy a smaller theme park in orlando, and touch it up with their own magic. (like what happened with the paramount parks), although those parks were far along in their operating stages, so Cedar Fair came at a good time. Basically, yes id like to see both CF and SF parks in florida, however, no I dont think it will happen

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Nay, I can't see them doing as well as Universal studios or Disney. All of the major parks in Florida do an amazing job on theming and story line with both the park and individual rides. I find SF and CF are both parks that go for a big thrill and miniumal theming. I can't see them lasting long against giants like Disney, Universal, and Busch Gardens/Sea World. If a new park were to open it would have to offer a better entry price and higher thrill rides with enough theming to get attention from visiting Disney Tourists (as lets face it most people go there for Disney)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It won't happen. There is no way, and the market won't allow it, it is already covered completely.

Pingu on drugs

Roller Poster
although it probably wouldnt happen, I would love it too! I have been to florida a few times, and it was good, but having a six flags park and cedar fair park there aswell... that would be epic... It wouldn't happpen any time soon :(

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nope. I bet Six Flags and Cedar Fair haven't even considered putting new parks there. They know how massively successful and saturated the market is already and they wouldn't bother. Simple.

vgmaster9

Roller Poster
Well the Legoland brand is owned by Merlin (just like how Busch Gardens is owned by Seaworld Parks), but I can also see them bulding their own new theme park like Alton Towers and Thorpe Park. It could even be more eleborate than those two.

As for Schlitterbahn waterpark, that could've also been built one near Orlando instead of being all the way down at Fort Lauderdale.

vgmaster9

Roller Poster
You know, I think it would be a good idea for these parks because if people wanna do thrills they can go to those, while the major theme parks are about family fun.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: Cedar Fair and Six Flags in Florida - Yay or nay?

vgmaster9 said:
You know, I think it would be a good idea for these parks because if people wanna do thrills they can go to those, while the major theme parks are about family fun.

They would have to compete with Busch Gardens Africa and Islands of Adventure. While the possibility of them being able to compete could happen, it wont due to current economic situation and the fact that they would essentially gamble a lot of money on something that could bomb, horridly.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Darren B

Giga Poster
Six Flags.... No, Cedar Fair.... No, Merlin.... No. Large theme park chains are not going to do it. fullstop. its not worth the risk. If it was to ever happen you would be looking at multiple investors with lots of money to throw around (look at the rejected orlando themepark to see EXACTLY what i mean). And like the guys above have stated Disney,Busch etc. have got Orlando tagged and bagged. :)

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
marc said:
Merlin now own Sea World though and own the Legoland park. They also own BGA.

Which means they already have 2 parks in the area they wouldn't need anymore. They would just be taking attendance from their own parks by building a new one. I think the market for new parks in Orlando is pretty much closed.

Snoo

The Legend
As said before.. no. The market in the area is completely different from what CF and SF can offer. They cannot compete with ALL of Orlando, full stop. BGT is the mainstay 'amusement' park in area and to attempt to compete with that market would be foolish.

If they would go ANYWHERE in Florida, it might be Miami.. and that's a gigantic might.. like 99% not happening.

vgmaster9

Roller Poster
But how would you know? Sure the thrill park project failed, but it had a high chance of success too. The only way we'd know for sure that the Orlando area wouldn't want an amusement park if they said it themselves. Besides, I think that the area should attract both fields of amusement enthusiasts, not just one.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^ Yes the Orlando theme park nearly happened, but it wasn't a theme park chain behind it, it was multiple investors with a bucket load of cash. Six Flags and Cedar Fair dont have the finances to do it, simple! you would be talking close to the 1 billion pound mark and that would leave all their other parks in an extremely vunerable position. And like i said in my previous post CF and SF are cutting parks atm, not building more.

So seriously i think you should give this one up for now, we would all love to see an extra park in Orlando, especially a SF or CF park that can deliver wall to wall thrills, but its just not going to happen. EVER.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Busch Gardens offers the intense thrills. Disney, Universal, SeaWorld offer the family experience.

Does CF or SF have anything NEW to offer?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: Cedar Fair and Six Flags in Florida - Yay or nay?

bizarrofan10 said:
Busch Gardens offers the intense thrills. Disney, Universal, SeaWorld offer the family experience.

Does CF or SF have anything NEW to offer?

Dinosaurs Ali....wait, Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios by FAR do that better ;)

The only thing they would offer would be parking lot coaster, really tall or fast supid **** and really lazy employees! Maybe more walk-offs as well...

Switching between the hideouts'...