What's new

CdA to sell off 7 parks, including Pleasurewood Hills

Martyn B

CF Legend
>>European theme park operator CDA Parks (part of the Compagnie des Alpes group) has announced its intention to sell Pleasurewood Hills.

The park, located near Lowestoft, Suffolk opened in 1982 and is home to three roller coasters including Wipeout, a Vekoma Boomerang.

The attraction is one of seven properties that CDA is in discussions to sell.

The other properties include Bagatelle (France), Saint Malo Aquarium (France), Park and Aquarium Chateaux (Loire Valley, France), Le Bouveret water park (Switzerland) and Avonturenpark Hellendoorn (Netherlands).

The affected properties attracted a combined total of 1.55 million visitors during the year 2009/2010.

CDA Parks has entered exclusive negotiations with HIG Capital France Bruloy. The parties agreed to conduct exclusive negotiations no later than January 31, 2011.<<

Taken from GForce Magazine.

http://unofficialpleasurewood.co.uk/board.htm

Well I'm gutted. Though apart from Wipeout, they didn't really do that much with the park. But I always had optimism as they are the biggest Park operator in Europe, so I always thought they'd pull something big out one day. But they never did, and they never delivered on what they said they would when they first took over ("Walibi world of the UK").

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
My Childhood Park... going through yet another change of owner.......

Will this mean another name change for Rattlesnake? :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Think you mean Ladybird! :lol:

Another update on this:

‘In keeping with the strategic plans announced at the end of 2008, Compagnie des Alpes intends to cede control of a group of leisure parks whose characteristics of size, activity, and geographic location no longer makes them a good fit within the Group's strategic objectives.

The envisaged deal would be for Compagnie des Alpes to sell its controlling stake in the following parks: Bagatelle park, the Aquarium at Saint Malo, the Mini Chateaux parks and Val de Loire Aquarium, the Bouveret waterpark in Switzerland, Avonturenpark Hellendoorn in the Netherlands and PleasureWood Hills in the United Kingdom. These parks welcomed 1.55 million visitors in fiscal year 2009-2010. They made €28.3 million in sales and €4.9 million of earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization over the same period.

Even though they have a strong regional presence and a loyal local clientele, these parks offer few synergies with the rest of CDA's parks, nor do they offer the opportunity to further the Group's strategic objectives, which aim firstly to develop its main brands and to integrate the parks more closely around shared ways to create value. The planned disposal thus meets a dual objective of strategic clarification and optimizing the Group's use of capital.

Compagnie des Alpes' preferred objective was to find a buyer having a significant expertise in this business sector, a serious and durable business plan, and the financial means needed to make the capital investments that will allow the parks in question to continue to grow vigorously, even though such expenditures were not a priority for CDA group.’

Jools

Giga Poster
Again!? Crickey, but I'm hoping this time there is gonna be some major work once it's sold off.