What's new

CCR To Close Forever

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Canada Creek Railway has now closed - and what a brilliant ride it was - all twenty three seasons it was with us.

4046896627_d3f7a9b016.jpg

1989 - 2011

A

Anonymous

Riding on the last train was sad :(
It's a shame it has to go, it was a great send off. Especially the audio on the train changed to sad music.

The staff even had their last briefing of the year on the train since it was going!

Ben

CF Legend
Awww, let us all go cry and cut ourselves that the ride none of us went on anyway, and which served zero purpose in the park, has closed.

Can't we exchange the huge new B&M we're getting for the train ride <//3

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Didn't even know there was a train ride.

Ah hold on, yeah, it's that thing that had the barriers that came down and trapped people trying to move around the park?

Boo hoo.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It's not that you "never got to"; you actually chose not to.

Seriously, why are so many people so upset about a ride they never bothered with in the first place. All this "love" for something that's gone. Maybe we should have shown it that love while it was still around, instead of this outpouring of grief now that it's been cruelly snatched from us.

It's the Princess Diana of theme park rides!

peep

CF Legend
gavin said:
It's the Princess Diana of theme park rides!

LOL

Totally agree with you Gavin. I don't understand why people are upset over it leaving, it was a train that went round in a pathetic circle and caused pathways to be closed for a few minutes. Ever since they closed the farm I've never understood why they kept it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
TP Rich said:
How does this relate to Princess Diana?
gavin said:
All this "love" for something that's gone. Maybe we should have shown it that love while it was still around, instead of this outpouring of grief now that it's been cruelly snatched from us.
And I couldn't agree more. **** the train, tear it out and lets have some more investments like Swarm.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I went on it :cry:

It was a great way of getting some different views of Saw for the park guide. Maybe the opportunity to take photos of Saw is what has got people most upset about? ;)

Other than that, the train was pretty much always empty and as much as I like transport rides, utterly irrelevant to today's Thorpe Park.

And it's not the Princess Di of theme park rides until it's been boned by a rich Arab (actually, Tussauds were owned by Arabs and the changes made due to their sale) and driven drunkenly into a tunnel (didn't Chris used to drive it, so that probably counts too). Okay, so maybe it is :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm a little bit disspointed to see it go, buts that only because I have a liking for these trains. I used to LOVE trains when I was little, and some of that love has grown up with me.

Hopefully it'll go to another park, but yeah, ever since the Farm was removed, it didn't really have a purpose, so its no loss at all.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Nostalgia and all that jazz...

Of course, this sort of reaction always happens for a ride about to close, no different from Big Bad Wolf or Corkscrew... Just a few of us clinging onto our childhood because the more of that that disappears the more we realise that those innocent care-free days are over...

Wrong park, wrong time, but I've already made my comments towards Thorpe dreading some dangerous waters, next year will be a better indicator as we can say that people put off their visit due to Swarm opening...

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Hmm... while I support the idea of the south parks being based around:

LEGOLAND - young children
Chessington - family
Thorpe - "thrill seekers"

I do object to the removal of all children's rides at Thorpe, all thrill rides at LEGOLAND, etc.

And this is what brings me to Alton Towers. Alton Towers caters for everybody, young children, families and thrillseekers. They don't have a seperate theme park for every category of ride experience - which makes the park so varied and such a brilliant place to go.

Now, Canada Creek Railway was indeed a rather purposeless ride since the closure of Thorpe Farm, but it was still a fun ride. First going through Canada Creek, then through the recently rebuilt SAW - The Ride section, then through the woods for the bear hunt, and getting the spray of Loggers Leap as you go by... I think it is a sad loss considering there's not really much that can replace it. I just hope really now that the woods are protected.

On a seperate note out of sheer interest, does anybody have any photographs or video footage of the 'SAW - The Ride section' before SAW - The Ride was actually built?

Dave

CF Legend
B&M hyper that out and backs on that long straight behind inferno. Which I swear I talked to someone about?

peep

CF Legend
^Lots of fans have been saying that for a while now. Can't remember where I saw it but one fan went a bit OTT and actually drew 'plans' for it lol.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
TP Rich said:
LEGOLAND - young children
Chessington - family
Thorpe - "thrill seekers"

And this is what brings me to Alton Towers. Alton Towers caters for everybody, young children, families and thrillseekers. They don't have a seperate theme park for every category of ride experience - which makes the park so varied and such a brilliant place to go.

I really dislike the idea of a major theme park restricting it's target market so much.

I can't think of any other theme park which purely caters for thrill seekers, regardless of the fact I love thrill rides, I still like to chill out a bit at theme parks, and surely merlin must appreciate that people go to theme parks as families, and families do tend to have kids of various ages - are they expected to split up, and one go to legoland or chessiel, and the others to thorpe?

as for CCR - it's just a nice way to get some different views. and what the heck is flying fish doing there still?

Thinking about it, even the more "family" oriented parks worldwide, have enough to entertain all ages - Disney (wdw and paris), have decent thrill rides (Tot, rnrc, and even indiana jones at Paris), and just look at what the scandinavian parks have done (eg Lynet, Piraten)..

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
I was just wondering if there was anything of interest happening around the former station of the ride. It's alongside Monk's Walk, so perhaps we might get some updates from somebody.