What's new

Carnesky's Ghost Train

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I saw this in Blackpool at the weekend, but it wasn't open, so I had no chance to try it out. It's really close to the Pleasure Beach and is in a pretty big building. I should have taken more pictures really. This is just the side of the building, showing how far back it goes, but the front is pretty wide as well.

DSC01576.jpg

Anyway, I've just been looking it up, and it actually looks really good, using a combination of sets, special effects, animatronics and live actors.

http://www.carneskysghosttrain.com/

Has anyone tried it?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No, I've not tried it, but in an unhelpful way with an tenuous link, the person who runs it is the sister of the person who interviewed me for the Telegraph Magazine a few years ago!

He sent me an email when it opened and informed me that it was excellent.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've just been looking more into it; it looks fantastic. It was a touring production before it settled in Blackpool, a combination of ghost train and theatre performance, designed by an award winning performance artist (Marisa Carnesky) and funded through the lottery and arts council grants.

Oh, and Paloma Faith used to work in it. Pretty gutted it was closed now.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've read a bit about it across the web. People into rides and ghost trains think it's tosh. People into art love it.

I've seen a youtube video of it and I think it looks really interesting. It calls on my love of those turn of the century kind of carnival/freakshow attractions. I think there's something slightly twistedly romantic about it all.