What's new

Can you sleep after a day of amusement parking?

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
Because I can't. It's either some inner-ear or adrenaline thing, or a combo of both, but when I lay down it always feels like I'm on a ride still. It's not entirely unpleasant, but I have to wait at least 3-4 hours after leaving the park before I can go to bed. (I usually do things on my iPod during this "cool-down" period.)

Does anyone else on the site have this sort of thing happen to them? I doubt it's very common.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Yeah I usually sleep very well, as a full day at a park tends to leave me pretty exhausted.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I'm not able to fall asleep right away after a park. Then again I'm not able to fall asleep right away anyways. It's normal for me. I can never fall asleep when I want to and when I don't want to I'm sitting in the passenger seat of Marcus's car...

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
madhjsp said:
Yeah I usually sleep very well, as a full day at a park tends to leave me pretty exhausted.
This. I'm usually having trouble sleeping the night before if it's a new park for me because I am too excited to go.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Um, yes?

Even more so than normal after (usually) getting up early for the long drive, walking around all day and the long drive back.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm usually the driver, so I'll have a really knackering day in the park followed by some sort of drive home so by the time I get in I'll be shattered and crash straight out. One reason why the week long CF Lives are so tiring!!

T0M

Hyper Poster
The one and only time I have had this was after I had been at Blackpool on a hot summer's day last year. I guess the coasters were running really well because Nickelodeon Streak sort of enforced standing on one of its hills. My head felt like I was spinning and moving when I tried to sleep.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nadroJ said:
I'm usually the driver, so I'll have a really knackering day in the park followed by some sort of drive home so by the time I get in I'll be shattered and crash straight out. One reason why the week long CF Lives are so tiring!!

I'm the opposite. I tend to get wound up driving and I don't settle. I don't settle after travelling at all to be honest so if I got a long distance I don't sleep afterwards.

Otherwise, it's just the same as a normal day really to be honest.

marc

CF Legend
When I've done the euro lives and done the driving my head hits the pillow I'm asleep.

Same when we go to Orlando, best sleep ever.

I think after Thorpe at gf last year I fell asleep with Neal and Will in the room, that's no easy task lol.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
I'm always shattered after going to Alton Towers. I'm not sure if it's the running around or four hours sleep, but I'm like a zombie on the journey home.

Martyn B

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
I've found myself falling asleep at the wheel so many times after park trips haha XD

Me too! I did actually fall asleep for a few seconds when coming back from Chessington years ago! :lol:

Not funny though, really....

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I drink coffee and eat chocolate to keep me perky. I'm really susceptible to caffeine though which is why I can never then sleep :lol:

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm the opposite! Caffeine has no affect on me at all. I used to take Pro-Plus tablets and drink a few Red Bulls, but I'd still get sleepy!

Them days are gone now though, we usually just get a hotel sorted a make a weekend of it.

TilenB

Strata Poster
valleyfair! said:
madhjsp said:
This. I'm usually having trouble sleeping the night before if it's a new park for me because I am too excited to go.

Agreed with you :)

Jake

Strata Poster
I'm usually exhausted when I get home, then annoyingly get overtired later on and can't sleep.

Driving is the ultimate worst though, especially if it's a really long drive and everyone else selfishly falls asleep...

Mark

Strata Poster
Jake said:
I'm usually exhausted when I get home, then annoyingly get overtired later on and can't sleep.

Driving is the ultimate worst though, especially if it's a really long drive and everyone else selfishly falls asleep...

Indeed Jake. I do my damn hardest to stay awake and keep Marc company on those drives. In general I find the manotony of being the passenger staring at seemingly endless motorway plus the general tiredness from the day can be a real struggle though.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
Judging by what everyone's saying, they LOSE energy after a day at the park. My exact point is that I don't. It seems I am what one would call, "unusual".