What's new

Can you explain the inversions on coasters at Kings Island?

Blackhole6670

Roller Poster
I want to ride all the looping rides at Kings Island, but I am wondering what the different kind of loops and what they mean. I also want to know what the best inverted coaster is at Kings Island. Also can you explain why the looping coaster ride is the best and use on ride experiences so I know what it is like?

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Re: Can you explain the inversions on coasters at Kings Isla

Inversions are just inversions they take you upside down.

TilenB

Strata Poster

Blackhole6670 said:
I also want to know what the best inverted coaster is at Kings Island.

Probably Flying ACE Aerial Chase...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Blackhole6670 said:
I want to ride all the looping rides at Kings Island, but I am wondering what the different kind of loops and what they mean.
http://www.coasterforce.com/coasters/inversions
Blackhole6670 said:
I also want to know what the best inverted coaster is at Kings Island. Also can you explain why the looping coaster ride is the best and use on ride experiences so I know what it is like?
We all have varying opinions on which looping coaster is the best, but I think the majority will agree that it would be Banshee. I also don't know if we would agree that looping coasters are the best and I think that most of us prefer airtime over inversions. The only real way to know what it's like to go through an inversion is to ride a coaster with one or more, but I can tell you that inversions on inverted or flying coasters feel very different from inversions on sitdown, standup or floorless coasters.

jackdude101

Roller Poster

Here are the five roller coasters at Kings Island with inversions:
Banshee
Vortex
Firehawk
Flight of Fear
Invertigo

Of these, Banshee is the best (it's a B&M).

Also, if you need to look up stat-specific things like this, rdb.com is an excellent resource for that. They give counts for inversions on each roller coaster and tell you what kind they are. It has a glossary of different roller coaster terms, too. Also, if you wanted, you could read the list of inversions on a specific roller coaster and compare it to a YouTube POV video of it to get an idea of what those types of inversions are.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Roller coasters work by combining visual stimulus with balance stimulus. So your eyes take in visuals like a camera and your inner ear takes in force like an accelerometer. Inversions cause you to see the world flip upside-down and sometimes the maneuvers that do this can cause funky sensations in your inner ear, such as the inline on Banshee. Pretty simple, honestly.

In my opinion, all of Kings Island's loopers are crap to an extent bar Banshee which is the best ride in the park. Firehawk is in my bottom 10 and has the worst restraints ever. And Vortex's inversions are actually kind of good bar the batwing, but the non-inverting elements are what's offensive about it.

The first looping coaster I rode when I was there was Flight of Fear. It's really vile and rattly and the capacity sucks but you'll get the force of an inversion to see what it feels like without the added visual stimulus.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Moved to Q&A.

Banshee is the best of the inverting roller coasters, and there is a great overall variety of looping roller coasters at Kings Island.

I have to admit, this has been the most discussed Kings Island trip in ages given all the forum threads. :lol: