What's new

Can you conquer Dolly's mountains?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Can you conquer Dolly's mountains?

Set inside two acres of mountain terrain will be five different assault courses aimed at families and thrill seakers alike!

Featuring zip lines, rope bridges, stepping stones and rocky ledges, this will separate the men form the boys!

dollymountainrange.JPG

Adventure Mountain opens on the 28th of March 2009. Get your boots on and prepare to face the ultimate family challenge!

For more information, go here: http://www.dollywood.com/land/advmtn/default.htm

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This looks so awesome.

I like "proper" adult adventure/assault courses. If they pull this off it could be really cool.

I hope they have some stuff that is actually difficult though, like an advanced course. That'd be awesome. Some of these have a tendency to be a bit tame.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I hope it's like those in Denmark, but on the other hand, I don't think so. Sorry if I seem rude, but:

Obstacle Course + A lot of visitors = An accident sooner or later

Accident in the USA = Lawsuit

Lawsuits = Bad

Yup, it's going to be tame. Otherwise, you may risk that a visitor gets dirt on her new dress, and sues the park for $1,000,000 because of trauma.

I think Pokey makes a really good point; I don't think it'll be too tough because around here people sue for the slightest thing, so they're probably not going to want to risk an accident or anything.

It does look cool though, whether it's aimed at families or not. It'll be a good addition and certainly a fun thing to do.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
^But they could make you sign a waver, that says you couldn't sue/ they are not responsible for accidents on the course. (plus they say that that the courses are going to range from easy to expert, so they may have a "hard" course)

Hopefully it will turn out as a good addition to the park...

marc

CF Legend
Sorry can not help but laugh at this "Can you conquer Dolly's mountains? " :)

I think its a good idea some times people dont just want to do rides they want to have some fun as well and this is good. Often at lives the smaller things provide a lot of fun.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Dollywood is probably my favourite park, or it's at least the park I think the most fondly of. I just know this will be good fun.

Also, don't know if anybody else picked it up but they state that there's a maximum weight limit of 300 lbs (about 21 stone). I guess if you're going to have such an attraction is rural Tennessee it's best to make a point of such restrictions!

Ollie

CF Legend
I am so going to do this if I ever get here. :p

It's certainly different to what most parks get.

A

Anonymous

I think it looks awesome, I can't wait to go to Dollywood next year! The park looks great, and it seems like it has had a large expansion in every year in recent memory. I know it will be a popular attraction, but it still should be fun. The rope course at Sesame Place was fun, even for adults on a crowded day. I think it is very cool that BGE is getting a rope course and Dollywood is getting this.

Ben

CF Legend
You're gonna have to wait I'm afraid.

Although Dollywood was excited to announce Adventure Mountain for 2009, the ongoing downturn in the economy has created unpredicted changes in cost and availability of basic materials like steel and concrete used to build the new attraction. Therefore, Dollywood is choosing to take a proactive step and delay the Adventure Mountain project.

Adventure Mountain is yet another one-of-a-king attraction that sets a new standard in the industry. Our guests have come to expect and appreciate this standard of excellence from our most recent rides such as Mystery Mine, River Battle and Thunderhead. By delaying the Adventure Mountain project, we cna ensure that it too will live up to the quality we want our guests to experience.

Instead, our energy in 2009 will focus on our award-winning reputation for stellar Festivals and Entertainment. This will be our largest entertainment year ever! During Festival of Nations, we are adding 'Imagine' by Le Grande Cirque- an incredivle cirque show produced just for Dollywood. To celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Dollywood is producing our most elaborate show ever- Sha-Kon-O-Hey! It is a Smoky Mountain story for which Dolly has written all the music! Overall, we plan to continue delivering a world-class adventure for families with the famous hospitality our hosts provide every day.

http://www.dollywood.com/land/advmtn/default.htm

Dolly's mountains will have to wait.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
yes they have delayed it until 2010, but they are putting in Sky Zip as a "filler" until adventure mountain (logo for sky zip in my signature)