What's new

Camelot

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Got up stupidly early on Saturday, after a concert and drinks the night before, to go to Camelot. Went with Ed. Met Maddie and Lofthouse at the main entrance.

Had a laugh. Park was quiet, so no queues for anything. Not quite as **** as I thought it would be, though if it was busy I might think differently.

That spinning thing isn't anywhere near as bad as I've heard. It's not good by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not the concussion-inducing death trap that I've been led to believe.

Got savaged by a goat. May sue.

Knightmare suffers from the old "It's Schwartzkopf; therefore, it's AMAZING!!!!!!!!" form of roller coaster reviewing. It's merely ok. Forceful in places, with a bit of airtime in the front, but it's basically mediocre.

No pictures. Sorry about it.

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, maybe you managed a decent ride on the spinner? It was genuinely fowl when I rode it a couple of years ago. Oh and yes, you are totally spot on about Knightmare, glad I'm not the only one that thinks that.

I want to hear more about this goat.

Lofty

CF Legend
It was genuinely a hilarious day.

The park itself was completely and utterly dead, we were stuck at some points waiting around because Knightmare wasn't open. On the topic of Knightmare, totally and utterly overrated. Like we kept saying "It's Ok, not anything more", some of the transitions are absolutely horrible, especially the one in the station before the lift, it's one of the roughest parts of the ride.

Gavin was stroking a goat, which looked cute, before it suddenly turned all hungry and tried to take a bit out of Gavin's finger. Was actually kind of hilarious, especially the "Ouch, you ****" comment after it.

Also, this needs to be posted;

Paul_Dawson_jester.jpg
<3

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Scoop! He's ace

I always think Camelot's a surprisingly fun day out, even though there's not much there. With the right bunch of people (and a sunny day) it's alright.

Lofty

CF Legend
It really isn't as bad as people make out. Yeah, some of the transitions were a bit ropey, but it's perfectly fine. It provided a LOT more fun than Knightmare did. Knightmare was really just kind of Meh, I don't think I'd be bothered if I ever rode it again.

Jake

Strata Poster
peep said:
It was genuinely fowl when I rode it a couple of years ago.

N2ADF00Z.jpg

Oh, and I agree with Gavin about Whirlwind. To be honest though, it's only a few louder members (mainly vadge) that have gone on about how gross it is. Same with Knightmare - if anything, I've seen more negative/neutral comments about it than good ones. I really liked it, but I know I'm in the minority.

tks

Strata Poster
Oh and Whirlwind is perfectly acceptable. It's no worse than any other spinner! Infact it's probably a bit better than Spinball.

Knightmare was pretty crap. Let's face it, awful jerky transitions, one slight moment of airtime, the "psycho-drop", not so psycho... You know a ride is going to be crap when they can't even get the station -> lift transition right.

Other highlights:

-favours,
-goats
-dangerous peacock of prey
-SCOOP!
-my uncle paul
-when's the wizard coming on?
-inappropriate jokes in the magic show.

376400_10151208472836102_910818128_n.jpg