• Blue Streak

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Comet

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Battle of the PTC juggernauts.

Blue Streak - The younger of the two competitors, built in 1964, a 72 ft drop, a speed of up to 40mph and boasts views over the CP marina. Changes were made to the ride in 1995 which lost it's ACE classic status :( It placed 67th in Mitch Hawker's Wood poll 2013.

4d507302040002p8u00cg0.jpg

Comet - Built in 1946 and revamped in 1978, with a 78ft drop and a speed of up to 50mph, this white structured old timer is an icon of Hersheypark and still pulls quite a queue. It placed 100th in Mitch Hawker's Wood poll 2013.

00leg0g000cedo0da002sb.jpg

Which do you prefer?

My personal view is that while Comet is a nice ride with an interesting layout it it a lot rougher than it's northern counterpart, and doesn't deliver as much airtime.
Blue Streak just does everything a bit better, the seats are more comfortable, the airtime is noticeably better and is very re-ride able.

CedarPoint27

Roller Poster
I have ridden both of these coasters and if I had to choose it would definitely be blue streak by a mile comet was really boring for me I don't know why

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've ridden both and don't remember either.

That should pretty much answer the question.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Blue Streak's layout simply offers far greater airtime and flow. Comet is a roller coaster of a classic PTC caliber, but simply doesn't have as an aggressive layout as Blue Streak.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
Blue Streak has things actually happen. Comet is fun, but it doesn't have any airtime whatsoever (and could serve to be smoother)

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
I must have ridden blue streak on a bad day because I found it as rough as thunder hawk and comet quite smooth. Both are among the better of the PTC's I've rode. I still prefer blue streak. Blue Streak has great hills and a fun layout, where Comet doesn't have it as much.