What's new

Blue Fire - best launch coaster attraction in the world?

Shubinine

Mega Poster
According to their product portofolio, Mack say that in 2010, "Blue Fire Megacoaster attracts more than 5 million riders after one year of operation and becomes the best launch coaster attraction worldwide"

Do you think this is true?

A

Anonymous

I can agree that blue fire is one of the most enjoyable launchers out there, it rides very gracious instead of the brutal force that Intamin's versions do. It's definitely one of the best in the world...

Will

Strata Poster
loefet said:
I can agree that blue fire is one of the most enjoyable launchers out there, it rides very gracious instead of the brutal force that Intamin's versions do.
Spot on - and for that reason, it's far and away my favourite launched coaster that I've been on - I'd say Intamin could learn a lot from its style. Best in the world though, I'm really not qualified to say.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
For me, sure it is. The launch is not so powerful it blows you away yet no so forceless you don't feel it. I must admit that the preshow section and the fog prior to the launch help building up the tension. The ride has few inversions but well placed and just flows so naturally. And when you thing there's nothing left, wham! you get the final in-line twist that has to be the most 'OMFG moment' on a roller coaster because of the restraints.

For a capacity geek like me, it's also good to see a launched coaster running so many trains (up to 5) with virtually no stacking at all. The line keeps moving all the time and they do an amazing job running it at capacity.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Runner is great, but it could never handle the throughput blue fire has (beside the point though). I would rather ride blue fire tbh. It just offers so much more & I agree on it being the best launched coaster in the world. You also can't argue with those numbers. There's always a 2 hour wait in spite of the queue line really moving along & no one ever really complains much because the ride is totally worth it.
Of course you only had to look at my top 10 to know that this would be my response. :wink:

andrus

Giga Poster
Blue Fire is a great coaster, no doubt! If it's the best launcher in the world? Well, I have three launchers above it in my top list, so acording to me the answere is no..

peep

CF Legend
I've been on a fair few launch coasters and I would definitely put Blue Fire at the top of that list. Everything about it is just right.

I would probably put Anubis: The ride's launch second, rolling launches <3 Intamin launches suck in comparison, this includes iSpeed (though iSpeed is definitely a step in the right direction for Intamin launched coasters).

Pablo237

Roller Poster
^You would compare The Mummy to Blue Fire?? I say Blue Fire beats Mummy a long shot father than anyone can see.

A101

Mega Poster
Blue Fire is for sure, an amazing ride. But best launch ride in the world? I'm not convinced.

A101.png

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I haven't been on it (yet), but the whole "best in the world" question pisses me off. I'm not having a go about the topic just the idea of "in the world" in general because unless you've ridden all of them (and nobody here has) then who are any of us to judge "in the world"?

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. Too many people equate "personal favourite", with "BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", often with very, very little experience to back that up at all.

Rant over.