What's new

Bloody hell not another Thorpe trip report (With photos)

Emmett

Giga Poster
Okay I'm a little late with this one as I had to edit quite a few photos from the day and seeing as a lot of the other reports didn’t have too many Saw photos I thought I would post some of mine.

I had travelled down to Thorpe on the Friday to hopefully catch Saw in action and I was in luck with the coaster actually open and running fine for most of the day. After enduring the train and chav express I finally arrived at Thorpe at about 10.30 and once I got my ticket collect I headed straight to Colossus which was the only main coaster open at the time. Took about 40 minutes before I finally got on due to very slow loading and running of one train. The park was filling up quickly so I was a worried about long queues seeing as a good few of the attractions were still down which would mean everyone heading for the same thing.

Luckily as the day went on the queues for Saw, Inferno and Detonator were pretty light and most of the time I didn't have to wait longer than 15 minutes on each. I only stuck to those 3 and had 2 circuits on Colossus and Fish. I usually skip the flat rides as my stomach can't handle them but this day I was feeling particularly bad as I reckon something I ate the previous evening had mad me feel unwell which didn't help when having to endure buses, trains and the tube.

First up was Colossus which took way longer than 30 minutes, at least this was the longest I’d have a wait for anything all day.
P1010003.jpg

I missed out on it last year so I was looking forward to riding it this time but the roughness just ruined any enjoyment which could be had.
P1010008.jpg

Ouch, hold on to your pockets.
P1010148.jpg

Great coaster for photographing but thats about it.
P1010167.jpg

Then it was off to check out 'Stealf' which was doing a few tests runs which to train barely getting over the top hat each time.
P1010223.jpg

Inferno was running great today, its so smooth and with short queues I made the most of it. Each time I visited I love more and more, probably better than Nemesis in my opinion.
P1010239.jpg

The only non-coaster attraction I could stomach on day and I managed a get a few rides in.
P1010218.jpg

It was finally time to hit Saw as the queue has disappeared all the way around the back of the building and I was happy so see it finally up and running.
P1010138.jpg

P1010326.jpg

001.jpg

Through the entrance signs.
003.jpg

Nice theming with the addition of the cop car.
002.jpg

Some of the traps and theming throughout the queue line.
005.jpg

004.jpg

View of the lift hill from the queue line area at the back of the building.
006.jpg

The fake barbed wire was a nice effect, it really made it feel like you were trapped in the queue line.
007.jpg

Luckily I didn’t have too long to wait until entering the building but I wouldn’t fancy having to queue outside in the summertime for a few hours with no shelter anywhere in the line.
008.jpg

Saw in the background.
009.jpg

After exiting Saw I decided to get some photos in before going back for another ride.
011.jpg

012.jpg

P1010032.jpg

Pain in the arse trying to get a good shot with the sun so strong and no clouds about.
P1010053.jpg

P1010093.jpg

Close up and about to go down the drop.
P1010080.jpg

Flying through the immelman loop.
P1010070.jpg

Hold on tight.
P1010098.jpg

The cop car parked just inside the entrance and just under the loop.
P1010109.jpg

Colossus and X:WTF in the background.
P1010337.jpg

Approaching the spinning saws which were working. It doesn’t look close from here but on ride and facing down the first drop they look much closer.
P1010344.jpg

P1010296.jpg

Watch out for the bump, after this point I found everything becomes rough.
P1010291.jpg

Samurai and Saw. Just shows how popular Samurai is, the queue was longer than the Saw one. There was no way I’d ever be able for it today with the state my stomach was in.
P1010313.jpg

View from the back of Samurai along the rail track.
P1010320.jpg

Another close up on top of the lift hill.
P1010136.jpg

P1010277.jpg

Two goes in a row on Saw was enough me, so another go on Colossus was up next seeing as the queues were much shorter.
P1010333.jpg

Saws drop and loop from the bridge over Colossus.
P1010161.jpg

Time to check out some of the flats which again I couldn’t manage. Rush was running fine on both sides.
P1010173.jpg

Vortex.
P1010193.jpg

P1010196.jpg

Then after another few rides on Saw and spending a fortune on merchandise, I decided to ctach the bus back to Staines.
P1010364.jpg

View of Saw over the lake from the entrance bridge.
P1010374.jpg

Overall I had a good day at Thorpe especially as Saw was operating, also the staff seemed friendlier compared to my trip last year and the park seemed to have less chavs on the day which helped with the atmosphere. Just a pitty I missed out of most of the flats while feeling ill.

Saw may not be the best coaster at the park but it still created a good buzz and it was nice to experience a new attraction which had just opened. Great theming and it’s a good addition to Thorpe's' line up.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Really good Photos there, I see the police car wasn't taped off on friday, chavs must of attacked it on Sat, pity as you can't see the effects on the inside all the blood etc.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love the crispness of those photos. If I were thetype of person to have a desktop image, I'd certainly nick one of them! Btw, would it be ok to use them for the Saw guide page, which I can't be arsed to do but I guess it needs to be done. There some of the nicest and exciting I've seen.

Lain

Giga Poster
Some quality pics there!

I especially like the Det one that Neal pointed out. Awesome.

Ali

Mega Poster
Great photos! Look's like you had a really great day. I envy you. :x
Can't wait to visit Thorpe on a 'good day'. Would be so nice. Past few times I have been, many of the rides have been closed and I have been pestered by the chavs. :(

Emmett

Giga Poster
Ian said:
Btw, would it be ok to use them for the Saw guide page, which I can't be arsed to do but I guess it needs to be done.

Yeah sounds good Ian, no problem you can use them.