What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

mouse

Giga Poster
I dunno. It's in the construction area, matches the colour of the supports in the promo video, and has the BPB logo and Construction MMXVIII written on in large letters. At the least, I guess they're pushing the 'acceleration' aspect of the ride.
Maybe the car is just there for construction purposes and the ride is actually themed around diggers.

Mermalizer

Roller Poster
I'm partial to both colour schemes - I think the green and orange would look better in person. Black and orange would be nice though, maybe like 'Black and Decker: The Ride'?
Not sure about that race car though. Racing is a very, very common theme for launch coasters.

Lofty

CF Legend
In the main interviews, Nick also states "Similar forces to those experienced in an F1 car", that car is there for a reference point and nothing more.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Funny that he's trotting out numbers of 100km+ now, the animation certainly didn't look that quick. Glad it's underway now anyway.

Temleh

Mega Poster
The minimum launch speed needed to clear the "top hat" with no wind is 85kph. 100kph is the maximum speed the launches can be dialled up to if required, depending on the wind speed and direction. This is also why "+100kph" was painted on the wall.

It was only marketed as 85kph initially because the minimum (guaranteed) figures were sent from Mack straight to the marketing company. I'm sure the marketing will be updated accordingly once the name and theme are revealed.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The minimum launch speed needed to clear the "top hat" with no wind is 85kph. 100kph is the maximum speed the launches can be dialled up to if required, depending on the wind speed and direction. This is also why "+100kph" was painted on the wall.
Thanks for the info. Question on the bold, if you know.
Is this generally automated or a manual process? As in, would the hardware assess the current wind speed a before each launch as set appropriately(or a average like the Intamin Rockets do) or would the launch be set at say 90kph, to allow for slight fluctuations, and then be manually adjusted to up to 100kph in higher winds?

Temleh

Mega Poster
Thanks for the info. Question on the bold, if you know.
Is this generally automated or a manual process? As in, would the hardware assess the current wind speed a before each launch as set appropriately(or a average like the Intamin Rockets do) or would the launch be set at say 90kph, to allow for slight fluctuations, and then be manually adjusted to up to 100kph in higher winds?

The speed of each launch will be automatically calculated using an anemonitor. The system will measure the wind before each train is launched and a second time as the train travels the zero-g-roll, just before the second launch.

For those who have seen Mack's original concept video (the one that was leaked), you'll know that the original intention was for every single launch to be at 100kph. Unfortunately yet understandably, Pleasure Beach are choosing to keep running costs as low as possible.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sounds like it's the goon equivalent of an archaeological dig! It would be nice if they could get some track going up before the end of the season, just to excite visitors. So, nothing to see here for about 10 months!

Sandman

Giga Poster
Sounds like it's the goon equivalent of an archaeological dig! It would be nice if they could get some track going up before the end of the season, just to excite visitors. So, nothing to see here for about 10 months!

Good idea. They could easily chuck a test seat (and/or some test track) somewhere near the site at some point next season when they bump up the PR and reveal more ride details. I'd like to see the GP moan about the Mack restraints. 'OMG this is totes not safe'. Surprised the Mail aren't analysing the **** out of this already.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here's a recent Construction update for C2018, not that much changed since the last update I posted - Skip to 0:41 for the actual video to begin...

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I'd like to see the GP moan about the Mack restraints. 'OMG this is totes not safe'. Surprised the Mail aren't analysing the :emoji_poop: out of this already.

Yeah, we can play 'count how many times someone says 'I'LL FALL OUT'' in the queue line.

Lofty

CF Legend
Good idea. They could easily chuck a test seat (and/or some test track) somewhere near the site at some point next season when they bump up the PR and reveal more ride details. I'd like to see the GP moan about the Mack restraints. 'OMG this is totes not safe'. Surprised the Mail aren't analysing the :emoji_poop: out of this already.
Well, it's in the North, it's more like "IT DUNT AV THEM OVER T'SHOULDER FINGS".

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here is an image of construction work from Pleasure Beach Experience - the station foundations are coming along nicely! :)

ob_e2b8c4_16114550-10154907351417365-17486688331.jpg

Edited to fix image link - ECG

davidm

Strata Poster
^ thats not an image, thats a link to a Google image search.
Come on ATI, by now you should be able to link an image. You need to copy the URL of the image itself and use that.

Honestly if you want to win "most improved" rather than "most spam" pay some attention! :)

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Looking at that pic, they really should re paint Big Dipper. It would compliment the new ride and bring bd in line with the station.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^ thats not an image, thats a link to a Google image search.
Come on ATI, by now you should be able to link an image. You need to copy the URL of the image itself and use that.

Honestly if you want to win "most improved" rather than "most spam" pay some attention! :)

I didn't copy the image off the internet, it was posted by a user from PBE, and I tried to get the link, so I don't really know what messed up... ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't copy the image off the internet, it was posted by a user from PBE, and I tried to get the link, so I don't really know what messed up... ;)
You copied the Google search link, not the image link. That's what messed up.
It's always best to go to the page the image is located on, right click on the image and select 'Copy Image Location'. Then copy that into your post.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
You copied the Google search link, not the image link. That's what messed up.
It's always best to go to the page the image is located on, right click on the image and select 'Copy Image Location'. Then copy that into your post.
How can I right click if I'm using an android smartphone? The copy button doesn't work the same.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry but I don't use my Android phone to copy links, so someone else will have to answer that question.