What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

DelPiero

Strata Poster
ThomVD said:
Also, I don't think the inline twist will be anything like Blue Fire or Helix. On the POV it seems slower and more focussed on hangtime and Wing Coaster-style near misses.
It looks similar to Helix' in the way that it is very hangy and doesn't increase in speed, and therefore won't provide the whip which Blue Fire's does so well. However, it is based on a render, and we won't know until it's built and ridden exactly how it will feel.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Also, remember when helix was first announced? The layout had some improvements, changes and modifications done to it, such as the inverted top hat after the second launch. You never know, the same thing could happen to this, and they may up the stats a notch, and add some more airtime hills and inversions...

Smithy

Strata Poster
ATI said:
Smithy said:
Looks to me like there's far too many twists and turns (the parts of Helix/Blue Fire I like the least) and not enough airtime hills or inversions (the parts I like the most).

Emphasis on for me before the usual suspects start whinging.

Looking at your profile, your occupation fits you perfectly! Just be grateful that we are getting one of these in the UK!

And looking at your diarrhoeal posts I'd be surprised if you were even able to ride it without your earphones in that remind you how to breathe. I bet your windows are realy clean.

I expected more, sue me, I don't thinl it'll be a bad ride by anymeans, the interaction with other rides which is my favourite thing about BPB will be immense, I just feel that the ride has been over hyped with expectations of a world class coaster rather than just a very good one.

And, again given you're probably too busy putting plasters on the knuckles you drag when you walk to actually read this far into my post, this is my opinion based on my likes/dislikes, I'm well aware that's irrelevant to the greater scheme of things

ThomVD

Giga Poster
If you're going to put an occupation like that in your profile, you should be able to handle any jokes about it as well :p

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I think it looks great, and pretty much bang-on from the plans much earlier in the thread (even the colour scheme) so almost entirely as expected. A suitable addition to Pleasure Beach's coaster line-up.

The only thing I'm not clear on from the POV is all the interactions - I'm sure it'll be fab in real life to go over the Steeplechase and Dipper (bring back Tom Sawyer's rafts!) but I can't quite get my bearings for other rides such as the bobsleigh and Grand Prix.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I think it looks nice enough and the render would also look better if they bothered to put Infusion and Big Dipper in it as well... But I think that the top speed of 80 kph isn't exactly promising for a launched thrill coaster (mind you, a park in Denmark is building a 'family coaster' that will reach 85 kph)

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I can understand the US attitude to this ride due to the lack of perspective they have with the UK industry. As Ian stated they have an influx of new coasters every year and therefore naturally turn their noses up if something isn't the usual standard, and rightly so, I'd do exactly the same in that position. Us brits however are in a position where we are used to mundane worlds first attempts, we are used to overhyped family coasters, we are used to secondhand SLC's and we have become use to accepting mediocrity because its our norm. This ride breaks all of those norms that have been set upon us for the last 20 odd years, this ride is simply incomparable to anything we've ever had in our country and that is why its getting all this hype. Deservedly so in my opinion. It looks **** fantastic. I cant be more proud of Amanda and Co at the pleasure beach for this fantastic decision and major investment. Its an odd feeling being an enthusiast and seeing one of your favorite parks building exactly what you want to see, im usually one of the first to moan about investments but this time it just feels like a dream!

mouse

Giga Poster
It's really refreshing as an enthusiast in the UK for all the details and a rendering to be released early on. So used to being drip-fed cryptic crap by Merlin, so this is a nice change.

As for the coaster, it looks like a solid good quality ride. Not gonna lie, was a bit disheartened when I saw the speed, but I think it will still pack a punch. I'm excited for it, but I'm also excited for its impact on the state of the UK coaster industry. Hopefully it will reduce Merlin's dominance and give other major parks the kick up the arse they need.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Regarding comments on speed for this, I just don't think Blackpool has the adult footfall for an out-and-out thrill ride. Their most successful area is Nickelodeon Land so (for better or for worse) anything they add needs to have an eye on that audience.

mouse said:
So used to being drip-fed cryptic crap by Merlin, so this is a nice change.
Indeed. Will be interesting to see how Merlin promote their gimmicky family woodie now.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Just think, Dæmonen at Tivoli isn't the tallest or fastest coaster, and that's a very popular ride, so don't underestimate it...

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Top speed isn't everything though. Twister is only 60 km/h and still delivers a thrilling ride full of airtime. This doesn't have a big drop or a crazy launch, but stays low to the ground with smaller elements, so it can still deliver despite having a lower top speed. It will probably have a relatively high average speed. Helix doesn't go 100 km/h during its entire layout either. If this keeps up constant speed, it will still be fab.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I love it! It's hard to tell the amount of work gone into the layout from that POV as it doesn't show many of the rides and paths accurately. But I think this really will shine, and I will mirror what has been said before, it's exactly what the UK needs.

Some of the near misses (which seems to be the selling point here) look incredible, and I think the air-time will take people by surprise.

Definately excited to see how it turns out. I just hope the colour scheme doesn't make the NL2 sim...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
ATI said:
Just think, Dæmonen at Tivoli isn't the tallest or fastest coaster, and that's a very popular ride, so don't underestimate it...
Bad example. Deamon is turd. Because a ride is popular, that doesn't make it good. See Saw, Smiler and The Big One.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I love it. I don't know why so many are disappointed when it's one of the best looking coasters in development in the west (that we know about). This ride is so unlike anything the UK has ever got which makes it that much more special. Having something like this within driving distance, that we can spontaneously visit, instead of booking flights months on advance, is now a luxury we can enjoy. Not to mention the impact this could have on the UK industry.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I think the disappointed in some is only due to the hype surrounding this coaster for the past year. I just checked over at TPR (where there was less discussion) and it's nothing but praise. If this was the first time we heard about this then everyone would be loving it.