gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

Blue Fire clone!!!!!!

jayjay

Giga Poster

Sky is blue... blue sky thinking: some kind of outside the box design with no restrictions.

Guys, I think we're getting that world's tallest launched coaster in the sea. Get hype!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

gavin said:
Blue Fire clone!!!!!!
Yes, of course! How could I miss it. Blue...Sun....Blue Fire. And as for the clone part, she does share the same surname as the chap who used to own the park.

davidm

Strata Poster

How disappointing would an announcement of a Blue Fire clone be!
Not that Blue Fire isn't good of course, but we want to be special!!

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster

david morton said:
How disappointing would an announcement of a Blue Fire clone be!
Not that Blue Fire isn't good of course, but we want to be special!!

Blue markings=blue fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

Hurry up Amanda the suspense is killing me! I already know what it is but to have it fully announced is going to be amazing. I hope they get some good PR stuffs out of this, especially off the back of the Merlin fine. I wonder if it was planned to be announced the day after the smiler court hearing?

davidm

Strata Poster

ooooohhhhhh, not a relocated Kanonen then! :)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MandsThompson/status/781081837309419520[/tweet]

and...

(Mands deleted that last tweet for some reason

We are building an amazing new double launch coaster @Pleasure_Beach all the details will be announced today.
— Amanda Thompson OBE (@MandsThompson) September 28, 2016

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Omg!!! Seems like I'll have to go to Blackpool two years in a row :--D This could very well become the best coaster in the UK.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Yay, not surprised but yay :)
Looking forward to getting all the juicy details later.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

[tweet]https://twitter.com/himtns/status/781076705700085761[/tweet]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

It gives me great pleasure to move this thread into the Ride Construction forum.

Can't wait to see what they're going to announce. Don't think I've been this excited for a ride in the UK since... ever?

davidm

Strata Poster
Interesting (strange?) I think that the anticipated BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is at Mack's place rather than Blackpool.

What should we make of that? Blackpool more that "just" a customer of the BIG RIDE, perhaps getting a €-discount in terms of 'marketing partner' or something like that?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
david morton said:
Interesting (strange?) I think that the anticipated BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is at Mack's place rather than Blackpool.

What should we make of that? Blackpool more that "just" a customer of the BIG RIDE, perhaps getting a €-discount in terms of 'marketing partner' or something like that?

My first thought that they would be unveiling the trains or something but i think its way too early for that. Second thought was perhaps a model of the ride that they couldn't be arsed to take over to the pleasure beach. Does seem odd though, marketing partner seems viable given Amanda's relationship with the Mack family

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Any chance it'll be a new ride type or technology from Mack? She's at the Mack HQ to do a joint launch type thing?

Scott88

Hyper Poster
The Pleasure Beach owners have had a fantastic relationship with the Mack family for a very long time so it doesn't surprise me that BPB's representives are at Mack HQ.

All of this is very exciting!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
200.gif

Sandman

Giga Poster
Now that the inevitable has been clarified, I want more juice! Oh Blackpool, as much as I have been looking forward to this, I don't think it's sunk in that I'm potentially gonna have one of the best coasters in Europe on my doorstep.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Why would you announce something before you even start teasing? That's kinda stupid...triggered... BUT HELL YEAH AM I EXCITED!!!!!!!!! OMG WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
ATI said:
Why would you announce something before you even start teasing? That's kinda stupid...triggered... BUT HELL YEAH AM I EXCITED!!!!!!!!! OMG WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually think its better when parks are transparent and come straight out with their plans. A little bit of teasing is ok but its probably better to announce an attraction a good while before it opens to give time for the hype to build up.