What's new

Big dipper finds new owner!

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Two people from negative-g have bought the ride

We did it.

The Big Dipper has been saved.

woodpecker and I have been working very hard for the past few weeks, organizing logistics, finances, transfers, phone calls and at least 2,000 e-mails. Today it all paid off when the check reached the owner and he pronounced us the new owners. We have been having to keep everything secret at his and his agent's request in case the deal fell through, but today we were given clearance to announce it.

We are planning to carefully dismantle the coaster and move it into an indoor storage facility we already have arrangements with. We will be needing a lot of help with this project - donations in the form of money and services, volunteer labor, all manor of things.

For more information about this project, visit:
www.savethebigdipper.org

There will be an official press release within the next few days. I will be providing pictures as soon as I get them (I'm visiting the site this weekend) and will be running a blog on the website. So keep your eyes open for news, it will be coming fast from here out!!

source:http://www.negative-g.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3749

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Personally, I think they're a little nuts. Do they even have a place to assemble it?

CPcisco

Mega Poster
*facepalm*

I understand the whole "Save the coaster for the nostalgia!" thing, but seriously? :roll:

First off, most (if not all by now) of the wood on that coaster is in no shape to be reused. Secondly, the original buyer could not get any park (or anyone) to purchase the ride because simply no on wants it. Why are these guys now going to dismantle it and put it's (mostly useless) wood into a storage facility?

The Big Dipper had a good run, but why can't we just let it rest in peace?

Tomatron

Giga Poster
This can only go well. :lol:

Their website is terrible, there's no mention of anyone who actually knows what they are doing, and they have a Paypal donate button on their page.

Anyone else think this is actually for real? And if it was, look how badly organised is it so far.

marc

CF Legend
They should have done what the new owners of the Starliner have done and used the Pepsi think.

I do not think many people will part with their own money to help out tbh.