BGT vs BGW

• BGT

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • BGW

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Both parks boast an array of B&M scream machines. Tampa has a Multi-Looper, an Invert, and a Dive to go along with a classic Schwarzkopf, a GCII dueling woody and an Intamin 3 launch family coaster. Oh yeah, it also has animals from all over the world if you need a break from the creds and want to look at stuff.

The Burg has 3 B&M's that are taller than or flirt with 200 feet. A Dive, a Hyper, and an Invert. These beauties are complemented by an Arrow looper with interlocking loops, a family launched coaster with a free fall drop, and a Spiderman-esque dark ride. If you are tired from screaming stop and enjoy the scenery, as the park has been voted 'Most Beautiful' like 100 years in a row.

The battle of the gardens! Which one do you like?

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'm not gonna vote since I've only been to BGW. I'd love to visit BGT as well, but I feel like BGW would take the edge because of it's theming and landscaping.

Oh, and BGW has animals too ;)

Darren B

Giga Poster
I've not been to either park, but my vote goes to BGW as it's the park out of the 2 I'd most want to visit. I'd rather ride Griffon & Alpengeist over Sheikra & Montu, Apollo's chariot and Kumba are at a tie, and I'd rather do the Zierer over the duelling GCI's.

So yeah, BGW just edges it.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Both parks are pretty sweet. I prefer Tampa's animals over Williamsburg's, because they're african. Montu beats Alpengeist. Cheetah Hunt beats Verbolten, though they are both very good. That ones a tough match up. Sheikra beats Griffon for be, because of that sweet tunnel during the second drop. Falcon's Fury is better than Mach Tower. Kumba beats Loch Ness. And Apollo's is just Killer amazing, and scorpion and gwazi are so-so. Williamsburg does have a sweet killer dark ride though. But Tampa has more coasters. So for me, its plain as cake. Tampa is the better park, for me at least. But if Williamsburg does produce a killer new coaster for 2015 like rumored, then that may just make Williamsburg a bit better.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
BGT for the better coasters & BGW for the better park. However the coaster selection at BGW is good enough for me to choose it overall. It's simply the park I'd rather visit if I could only go to one of them.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
ECG said:
BGT for the better coasters & BGW for the better park. However the coaster selection at BGW is good enough for me to choose it overall. It's simply the park I'd rather visit if I could only go to one of them.

+1

I'd also like to add BGW is nostalgic for me. It's where I really started liking coasters

TilenB

Strata Poster
I've only been to BGT and the park was quite meh... It is pretty and has some great rides, but I was really disappointed when visiting. I expected more...
I still don't get their policy of not allowing to bring your own food to the park. Can somebody explain it to me?

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
TilySlo said:
I still don't get their policy of not allowing to bring your own food to the park. Can somebody explain it to me?

The average park doesn't allow you to bring your own food in. It's cuz they want you to purchase your food from inside the park. Often parks that are pay per ride allow you to bring your own food, but regional parks like BGT and BGW are 2 of many that don't allow it. Every once in a while i'll bring my own food and hide it in my pocket if its like a granola bar or like a snack.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^^Believe it or not - most of a park's profits are made from vending (food, merchandise, games, photos, etc.), so many have restrictions on bringing your own food because it cuts into their profit margins. Admission, parking and/or ride tickets only cover operation, employee and maintenance costs.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
ECG said:
^^Believe it or not - most of a park's profits are made from vending (food, merchandise, games, photos, etc.), so many have restrictions on bringing your own food because it cuts into their profit margins. Admission, parking and/or ride tickets only cover operation, employee and maintenance costs.

I know this is getting off topic from the topic I created nonetheless, but I encourage anyone interested in the business to look up the financial filings of the publicly traded theme park companies such as Cedar Fair or six flags. They will break down their income and expenses and will usually with the details by admissions merchandise food Exedra. They also will break down their expenses, it is pretty neat for the goons who are interested in the financial side.

TilenB

Strata Poster
ECG said:

Believe it or not, almost every European amusement park allows you to bring your own food to the park... I was just quite surprised that a park that charges you 80$ to enter, doesn't.
But I guess this are the US...