What's new

Best & Worst SLC you've been on?

msep003

Roller Poster
Every single SLC's i've been on were very rough and we can't complain because it's Vekaka .

My First SLC was in Six Flags Belgium ( Walibi Belgium ) in 2001 .

andrus

Giga Poster
Jubilee Odyssey is one of the only, if not the only, costum Vekoma SLC I've seen. All the others are either SLC clones or inverted boomerangs.. Are there any other SLC with costum design?

A

Anonymous

^ There will be one at Universal Studios Singapore :)

Well, not really, since all the other ones are either based on the "normal" SLC layout or based on the newer "Shenlin" type layout...

andrus

Giga Poster
^Ok, thanks loffy! ;) It's kind of boring though that Vekoma only uses one design, I really love it despite it being somewhat rough, but to ride the same design over and over again at new parks get boring..

Regarding the new coaster at US Singapore I dont know wheter you can call it an SLC or not? :? It doesen't utilizes the SLC technology (wheels on the inside, two across seating etc), in fact it more looks like a B&M so it might even should be considered an invert? I don't know, I'm really not into coaster terminology! :p

A

Anonymous

^ I think that B&M might have trademarked the rights on calling a coaster Inverted, since both Vekoma and Intamin calls theirs "SLC" or Suspended Looping Coaster. So the new one at USS will still be a SLC :)

Back to topic...

The best one I have ridden would be Traumatizer and Kumali.
For the worst then I have a bit of a dilemma, Nio, F2, Limit, El Condor are all pretty bad which is why I would set them last...

Pierre

Strata Poster
1. Jubilee Odyssey
2. Infusion
3. Kumali
4. Tizona/Titanide
5. Limit

Despite how much people slag off SLC's can I just say Tornado is the WORST inverted coaster I've ever had the misfortune to ride, but thats a whole new ball game ;)

+1.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It's kind of boring though that Vekoma only uses one design

But they do that to keep costs down, which enables smaller parks to install 'fantastic' rides at a low cost. I reckon that quite a few parks have been kept a float over the years due to a Boomerang or SLC bringing the crowds in.

Just look at how much of a hit Infusion has been for BPB.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Bump for what reason? At least add something and give your own opinions to the topic.

**** ing tool...

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
I've only been on one, and while having a good layout, it was poopoo. Mind Eraser at Six Flags America. My head was too big for one of the restraints (I rode twice) and my ears were folded forward the entire ride. Ow.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
the only 2 slcs i've been on are Kumali and infusion/Traumatizer. For the Rankings it would be:

1.Infusion
2. Traumatizer
3.Kumali

p.s. i know infusion and traumatizer are the same except i prefer it at Blackpool

stuartredman1

Roller Poster
IHeartArrow said:
I've only been on one, and while having a good layout, it was poopoo. Mind Eraser at Six Flags America. My head was too big for one of the restraints (I rode twice) and my ears were folded forward the entire ride. Ow.

Same here one of the restraints is tighter than the others.

nealbie

CF Legend
Best - Limit (Heide Park), also my first; made me wonder what the **** people were on about.

Worst - El Condor (Walibi World); made me realise what everyone was on about!

Jake

Strata Poster
I've been on two more recently, Blue Tornado at Gardaland and Vampire at Walibi Belgium.

They were both pretty putrid, but far from the worst.

I think the best one (from what I can remember) is the one at Superland in Israel. Well, I remember being suprised by how smooth it was, anyway.

Traumi was pretty smooth at Southport, although as Infusion it seemed rougher.

Notable rough ones (no order):

Kong @ SFDK
El Condor @ Walibi World
Flight Deck @ Canadas Wonderland
Mind Eraser @ SFA

It's impossible to rank, as you can't remember every detail of a ride, and there are sometimes years between riding them. But, these ones stick in my mind as being particularly foul.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Right, I'm now going to say El Condor as the worst. I had a worse ride on the one at Canada's Wonderland, but I rode the back seat, so I was basically asking for it. I deliberately rode the middle of El Condor for the "smoothest" ride, and it was still utterly vile.

Best is still Vortex at Siam Park City.

fishman100

Mega Poster
Well, I've only been one (Mind Eraser), and found it to be very rough.

So the best and the worse for me is the Mind Eraser...wait wut :p

fretboardpyro

Mega Poster
I've got to be honest they're all as good and as bad as each other depending on your mood on that particular day.

The only thoughts i've got on infusion are it didn't travel well from southport, JO is suspect to weather conditions in a chronic manner and kumali is uninspired and generic feeling. Its parr for the course with Vekoma SLC's though!

nadroJ

CF Legend
El Condor was GROSS and Limit was pretty terrible. Infusion was fine, in that I'd make no trouble about re-riding the thing. I also think Kumali isn't that bad of a ride, I've never found it overly rough anyway.