What's new

Best Vekoma SLC (A Stretch)

Climb

Mega Poster
I don’t think I’ve EVER had a pleasant ride on an SLC. In the future, I’m not sure I’ll even do them for the cred anymore.

Worst: Infusion (BPB), Flight Deck (CW)
Best (?): Raptor (Fantislandia)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I actually have a whole subset of favourites/least favourites - I don't rank them one at a time.

Favourites - The ones I've ridden, because I never have ride them again.
Least favourites - All the ones I haven't ridden yet, so will need to when I visit a park.

Similar ranking applies to Boomerangs.

JackFish

Mega Poster
I actually have a whole subset of favourites/least favourites - I don't rank them one at a time.

Favourites - The ones I've ridden, because I never have ride them again.
Least favourites - All the ones I haven't ridden yet, so will need to when I visit a park.

Similar ranking applies to Boomerangs.
Thats my logic too!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Oh now that's a good question. Personally I think Kumali is the clear winner out of the four I've been on. It's not too rough and I think the track profiling feels better too. It's not amazing, but it's definitely leagues ahead of the others. The rest range from bad (Infusion) to downright unridable (Odyssey and Condor).

JackFish

Mega Poster
Oh now that's a good question. Personally I think Kumali is the clear winner out of the four I've been on. It's not too rough and I think the track profiling feels better too. It's not amazing, but it's definitely leagues ahead of the others. The rest range from bad (Infusion) to downright unridable (Odyssey and Condor).
If we are talking about unrideable ones, I would like to mention T3 😛

Leon_K

Mega Poster
I rode two of them. Condor at Walibi Holland was terrible. I thought Blue Tornado at Gardaland didn't have the roughness of Condor and I actually had a fun ride on it.

Peet

Giga Poster
As somebody who doesn't mind a bumpy ride, I enjoyed Odyssey, it's big and bad, and a bit under rated IMHO. But yeah it's also a bit of a car crash simulator.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
My pick was usually Blue Tornado because it was running three trains. There's a ranking topic for them on here somewhere and of course I partook.

Probably Thunderhawk (Geauga Lake/Michigan's Adventure) and Kumali, but saying any SLC is good is a stretch so take it with a grain of salt.

Dimmu1979

Roller Poster
I rode two of them. Condor at Walibi Holland was terrible. I thought Blue Tornado at Gardaland didn't have the roughness of Condor and I actually had a fun ride on it.
Holy crap... I rode only Blue Tornado at Gardaland (home park) and i hate it... can't even imagine there are worst SLC out there

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Holy crap... I rode only Blue Tornado at Gardaland (home park) and i hate it... can't even imagine there are worst SLC out there
Haha it could have to do something with the combination of the restraints and the fact that I am 2 meter (6.7f) tall. Blue Tornado has the terrible bold restraints that are uncomfortable for most people. But because my head reached above the ear pads my head was free of head banging. Blue Tornado might hugely benefit from new trains with the soft restraints.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Here's all SLCs I've ridden, and their rankings in my overall ranked list (out of 212 ranked coasters):

RankCoasterPark
101KumaliFlamingo Land
147Roller Coaster MayanEnergylandia
173LimitHeide Park
174OdyessyFantasy Island
189InfusionBlackpool Pleasure Beach
206Vampire (Walibi Belgium)Walibi Belgium
211MP ExpressMovie Park Germany
212El CondorWalibi Holland

I proudly hold onto the fact that I have never ridden a specific SLC more than once.