What's new

Best top three in Europe

andrus

Giga Poster
Which european park do you consider has the best three attractions? Not just limited to coasters but all attractions, obviously coasters will dominate the selection though :p I would like to see a motivation too! ;)

Mine is probably Heide Park with Colossos, Desert Race and the fabulous drop tower Scream! :--D Colossos is pure airtime from start to finish! Love the fast paced, ejector filled, enhanced version of rita that is desert race. And finally I love drop towers and scream is probably the best one I've ridden!

Second best park for me is Port Aventura with Khan, Baco and Stampida, and third best is Europa Park with Blue Fire, Silver Star and Eurosat.

nealbie

CF Legend
1. Port Aventura - Khan, Rapids, Stampida

2. Holiday Park - Burg Falkenstein, Teufelsfässer, Donnerfluss

3. Walibi World - Dodgems, Rapids, Goliath

I disagree that coasters make the most stand-out attractions! ;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
There are a lot of "top" European parks that I haven't been to, but from those I have visited I'd say it's probably Parque Warner Madrid with Stunt Fall, Batman and Superman (yeah, I really liked Superman; shoot me).

Other contenders? Heide with Colossos, Scream and ... oh wait, nothing (until next year maybe)

Port Aventura with Dragon Khan, Furious ...nope, Hurakan ...maybe? Basically, no.

Alton? Nemesis, Oblivion and either Hex or Dual. Yeah, that works.

Parque Warner or Alton for me.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Ooo. Erm.

Out of where I've been;

Phantasialand - Black Mamba, Winjas, Colorado Adventure

Alton Towers - Nemesis, Oblivion, Air

And... I havn't been to another park which has 3 really class attractions. Saaaaaad.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Alton towers - nemesis, oblivion, hex
chessy - vampire, rattlesnake, black buccaneer
disney - tower of terror, rock n rollercoaster, pirates of the carrfibean
europa - euro mir, Piraten in Batavia, blue fire (*),
heide park - colossos, scream (*), big loop
lightwater - ultimate, rat ride, hornets nest (#)
liseberg - banan, balder, uppswinget
oakwood - fobia, hydro, brer rabbits burrow ;)
parque warner - superman, batman, 1 of the flume rides
phantasialand - black mamba, colorado adventure, river quest
pbb - mouse, avalanche, trauma towers
thorpe - stealth, saw, loggers leap

out of these - between towers, disney and europa - can be quite dificult getting 3 tip top

attractions in some of the parks...

(#) - defunct
(*) - yet to ride

nealbie

CF Legend
Winjas :(

SUCH a disappointingly rubbish coaster. It doesn't even race/duel :(

This is now OFFICIALLY your fault Joey! :p

Ben

CF Legend
There are so many places with two good things, but then everything else sucks.

Alton do well with Rita, Oblivion and Hex.

Uh, Phantasialand does well with Black Mamba, Winjas and Colorado Adventure being awesome. And Mystery Castle. And Talocan. And the Rapids. That place has six actually...

Uh... Nowhere else matches those two. Europa has Blue Fire, Euro Sat and a lot of mediocrity, or, if you're Silver Star, just plain awfulness. Port Aventura has Khan, Baco and then nothing else worth any time at all. Walibi has Goliath and then nothing. Uh...

So, to conclude, Alton and Phantasialand are the only two parks which have three rides I would label as excellent. And since Phantasialand has six of the bastards, it wins.

That really is the greatest park in Europe in so many ways...

EDIT - Actually, I'd add Heide as having three fab attractions as well - Scream, Colossos and the Bobsled. But, those three aren't as fab as Alton's three.

Mark9

Roller Poster
1. Europa Park -Blue Fire, Alpen Express, Euro-Mir.

Tbh I could have gone on and on with Europa Park

2. Alton Towers - Nemesis, Oblivion, Hex

3. Parque Warner Madrid - Superman de Acero, Acme Rapids, Stuntfall

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't been to that many European parks, but Phantasialand has Black Mamba, Mystery Castle & Talocan. Then there's Europa Park with blue fire Megacoaster, Wasserachterbahn Poseidon & Tiroler Wildwasserbahn. I also really love Tivoli Gardens with Rutschebanen, Vertigo & the Star Flyer. All the other parks only seem to have one or two outstanding rides: Colossos & Scream (Heide), Expedition GeForce & Teufelsfässer (Holiday), Fluch von Novgorod & die Glocke (Hansa), Piraten (Djurs), El Toro (Plohn) & Götterflug (Belantis).

Umm.. Alton is the only park I've been to in Europe that has a great selection to be honest. But since I've only been to three parks in Europe anyways I'll just do the best three things from each.

Alton- Nemesis, Oblivion, Hex
Thorpe- Stealth, Nemesis Inferno, Samurai
Chessington- Vampire, Tomb Blaster, and umm.. I can't really think of a third. Pizza Pasta :p .

JTRCBOY97

Roller Poster
alton towers and thorpe park is the only parks with 3 good rides that ive been to:

thorpe park - stealth, saw, colossus

Alton Towers - Oblivion, nemesis, rita queen of speed!

andrus

Giga Poster
It's interesting to see that many have the same parks but with totally different rides! Like eg Europa park with Blue Fire, Alpen Express, Poseidon, Silver Star, Euro Mir, Tiroler Wildwasserbahn, Euro Sat and/or Piraten in Batavia. That sure has to be a proof of that the park has a high over all standard? :)

Another thing that surprices me is that noone have mentioned Mirabilandia. I went there this summer and thought of adding it to my list but finally dropped it in favour of HP, PA and EP. Mirabilandia has two of Europes top coasters in Katun and iSpeed and a very impressive dark ride shooter in Reset (imho a lot better then Duel that some people have mentioned). They also probably have europes best show in "schola de policia", if that counts as an attraction? :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I think it's because very few people on here have visited it yet. It does look like an excellent park though.