• Samarai (Thorpe Park)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oblivion (Alton Towers)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mark

Strata Poster
I thought about something a little different for a poll

So what do you think is the best piece of original score music for rides.
For the poll I am just sticking to Tussauds parks and existing rides, otherwise I could go on all day!
Chose and comment above...

robertw

Roller Poster
Samurai wasn't an original piece. It's from the Matrix: Reloaded soundtrack.

But I love the Colossus music, especially on Vortex.

Mark

Strata Poster
Ok it's not original but hey, it suits the ride well. And it's a piece of musical score all the same. Basically I didn't want to include just random music. So basically I was looking at Scored Music for rides.

My favourite at the moment is actually Hex. A fantastic piece of very moody music. It is great as a stand alone and could easily be adapted for a horror film which is why I think it is the best.

Titan

Mega Poster
Oh No not a poll, take it off!! Cause I would have said the Superman theme song used on most if not all of the Superman coasters they have.

Ughh...but from that list and what I have listened to I'd go with Oblivion. *shudders*

Nadia

Mega Poster
Hmm Oblivion or Nemesis Inferno, never knew I loved the NI theme so much until I was sat listening to it non stop for about 25 mins when I wasn't feeling well enough to ride, then I realised howa amazing that music was. Can't actually decide between them (nothing new lol) so gonna have to say both!!

A

Anonymous

NI without a doubt IMO, those bass cannon's on the roof make it sound really funky, and the tingling kind of noise is brilliant, not very volcano like, but still nice - I could listen to it all day :)

Sam

Giga Poster
Oh for god's sake, lol, this is damn hard!! All the above rides have fantastic music that suits each ride amazingly.

I'll go for Air though, it's the only one out of them that I actually listen to when i'm not at the parks.

A

Anonymous

I would say colossus. Its such a great piece. Mark sent it to me last night and it is brilliant!

Will

Strata Poster
Out of those, Nemesis wins it by a long way.
Detonator (why was that not on the list) is second, followed by Inferno and then Hex a little way behind.

A

Anonymous

Do any of those actually play the music ON the ride vehicles, like California Screamin...because thats a REAL original score for a rollercoaser.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
IMO Thorpe Park has the best music scores for their rides. I love pretty much all of the music there. Nemesis Inferno's is such a build up of tension, and so is Slammer's. Colossus' creates such a cool atmosphere, and Samurai's is just generaly cool.

I've never really felt Alton's ride music has lived up to Thorpe's. Nemesis' does create atmosphere and makes the area seem spooky. But theres no like, tension and suspense. Air's is quite cool, but it's too simple and can get really repetetive, and Oblivion's is just like..err..makes me feel sleepy. IMO Hex is the only ride in Alton with brilliant original music score.

I havent been to Chessington enough to appriciate their music.

I'm gonna go for Nemesis Inferno.

A

Anonymous

It has to be N:I, that gets stuck in my head all day.
But, if Detonator was on the list, it would be that, but thats more of a part of the ride, rather than music.
Also, where is the music for the Beano Dodgems or whatever their called, thats legend!

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't know, I haven't been on any of them. I've only looping coasters I've been on are at at Disneyland Paris. But I would have said the music from Space Mountain were it up there.